Sandbox pain...

clearchaos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Desperately trying to set set up the sandbox environment to test a restful api integration and it's just not working.  Everything I try, I just hit a 'PayPal' generated wall. So frustrating.

First I wasted quite some time trying to create new sandbox business and customer accounts - always failing with an error - unless (and this is todays secret) you DON'T select a credit card type.  This is the ONLY way to create any new sandbox accounts currently (that I can find).

So great, accounts created...

So now I can generate a transaction, click the PayPal button and login to my sandbox "personal account" - of course it won't proceed without me creating and adding credit card details for the account (even though funding should be from a bank account).  I try to use the new "Credit Card Generator" tool entering the details many times for different card types and it just won't accept the details flagging a problem with a generic (no details) error message.  When I check the "funding tab" of the account details it's showing the cards I've been trying to add.  So are they there, or not?  It's a mystery. 

Come on Paypal - please help me to help you make some cash...!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

We experienced technical issues within the sandbox environment on the 2nd July and these issue have now been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.