Sandbox no longer working, returning PAYEE ACCOUNT INVALID

BenQuirk
New Community Member

I'm working on an issue on an older application that was developed 5+ years ago. The payment API code has not changed since it was working fine for many years. It still works in the Live environment, just not in the sandbox environment.

Now whenever I try to submit a payment, I get a 400 Bad Request response, saying PAYEE_ACCOUNT_INVALID.

I have created a new application with a new account and am getting the same response. This is definitely an issue on PayPal's side. Please advise, you're blocking many of us with this issue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please share the merchant id / payer id for the sandbox account which you're currently using to submit your API requests.

Details on how to retrieve the merchant id / payer id for a sandbox business account can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Do not post any email addresses or they'll be removed, only the merchant id / payer id for the sandbox account will be accepted.

You mentioned receiving a HTTP 400 error, please also share the "debug id" returned in the API response.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.