Sandbox acct error: "The merchant's account is not able to process transactions"

mwdwh
Contributor
Contributor
I have a Joomla site that uses J2Store and Paypal Payments Pro plugin to process payments through a regular Paypal merchant account which works great. I'd like to set up a sandbox account for future development/testing, and have everything set up seemingly correctly, using the API username, password and signature from the Sandbox account. Every time a purchase is attempted an error comes up "This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.". I've seen this on the forum before and a Paypal rep was able to trigger something on the account to get things running. Hoping that will work for us too. Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated. Best, Wes
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Justin
Hello, Please share the email address for the sandbox account in question and I'll take a look. I assume you're attempting direct card payments ?

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

mwdwh
Contributor
Contributor
Yes you are right it is for direct card payments, and the email address is: wes AT mantyweb DOT com Thanks for checking on this!
Login to Me Too

mwdwh
Contributor
Contributor
The email address could also be wes-facilitator AT mantyweb DOT com Any help you can provide with this is much appreciated. We have a client using Paypal payments pro for Joomla and are eager to get back to development on their site as soon as paypal sandbox is working. thank you.
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've fixed the issue with your account, it was not correctly enabled for payments pro.

Apologies for not replying sooner, our focus has been on clearing a backlog of support incidents submitted to our support portal

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.