Sandbox account gives error about seller cannot accept payment in particular currency

Moinuddin1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have made a seller sandbox account to test , but its giving error that seller cannot accept payment in particular currency ..hence does anyone have any idea about why this happens ?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Moinuddin1
Contributor
Contributor
This is the exact error message which i am getting We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller and choose another way to pay. Hence can anyone help me out as both the account of seller and buyer are not actual but sandbox accounts. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

It depends on what currency you are using and what countries the sandbox accounts are from.

If you are using INR then both accounts must be Indian Sandbox Accounts.

If you need to be able to add a card to your personal Sandbox Account that can process INR, we have added cards to our credit card generator that will process INR.

MTS_Jennifer_0-1586802664034.png

• Generate the Card

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Moinuddin1
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply jennifer ..but same thing happened again ..

"We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller and choose another way to pay."

ill explain you the whole thing ..basically i have the website which has an escrow system while buyer purchases the product then amount goes into paypal account of website admin and after recieving the product the amount is transferred into the account of seller by admin  ..so now all 3 accounts which i have are made in India ..and i am testing it in US dollars as all products in my website are in US Dollars...

i had done what you said in last reply about inr visa card dropdown selection and generate cc..but still same thing happened ..

any idea about how to solve this ??

thanks in advance .

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The error is returned as you're passing the currency code as "USD", when it must be "INR".

Re-submit the request passing the currency code as "INR" and the transaction should complete.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Moinuddin1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Actually most of my customers will be from USA ..hence i have to give them price in dollars
Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. I did some testing on a Sandbox Indian Business Account with USD currency using Postman. I was able to replicate the exact error you are receiving if the buyer account is an Indian Sandbox account. When I used a US Sandbox account then I could process the payment.

If the Indian Sandbox account cannot use USD as a currency then having USD as the main currency will provide an error message.

If you create a US Personal Sandbox Account, you can use it to test USD based currency.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.