Sandbox account does not generating IPN

bay2stamp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Good day.

The IPN, it worked very well for last few weeks, but today I have tried it many times again but got no response.

I thought something wrong with the code in this site, but no, another testing site does not work too. 
I checked the IPN history and realized that there was no IPN generated. The last successfully generated was on July 10, 2022 (last week).

Is there anyone facing the same problem? Please help! Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello All,

We experienced a technical issue within our sandbox environment which prevented IPN's from being dispatched. The issue has now been resolved and normal service resumed.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

bay2stamp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin. Thank you so much for your help!

I tested it and it worked well. Is this problem usually happened with the sandbox accounts? 
We are using Sandbox accounts for system testing and later demonstrate it to other people.
Should we move to a live productive account instead to get away of this issue?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

KjellM
Contributor
Contributor

The issue was resolved, and on 2022-07-19 the IPNs briefly worked, but now it is broken again?

In my IPN history, last events are from 2022-07-19, when I tested the announced resolution.

But today (2022-07-27), I ran tests against the sandbox again, and can see transactions from 2022-07-27, but nothing in the IPN history, except the notifications from more than a week ago. No notifications arrive at my staging server or show up in the sandbox ipn history anymore.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I'm seeing the same thing myself within the past hour.

I've raised it internally with our IPN team for investigation and I'll update this thread once it's been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The issue has now been resolved and IPN's are being generated and dispatched as expected.

Apologies again for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Tech2cool
Contributor
Contributor
Im also having same issue work for week then no ipn
Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @Tech2cool ,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

The PayPal Product Developers are working on resolving this issue. We will keep you posted once they have resolved the issue.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Steve_Cox
Contributor
Contributor

What is the status of IPN notifications?  I've just spent most of the day setting up a merchant account and debugging IPN notifications only to find that they're not firing at all, and it appears that this is a common problem.  Why is the system so unreliable?  When do you expect to have it working again?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Steve_Cox
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like sandbox IPN events are firing again - there were a bunch that I submitted yesterday that showed up today.  In the mean time I made a purchase on the live website and that went through as expected so it appears that wasn't affected.  Hopefully things are back to normal now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.