Sandbox Testing Problem

Hanko
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Website Standard as the payment gateway on a membership site I'm setting up. I have set up the Sandbox account and the shoppingcart per instructions and went to test a transaction.

After selecting 'Paypal' as the payment option and being sent to the Paypal server, I got an error message saying, "This feature is only available to Business and Premier Accounts."

Well, I do have a Business account. To make sure I called Paypal Support and they verified that.

What could the problem be?

I am using Restrict Content Pro. I have all the Sandbox test API credentials inserted.  I can't see why it wouldn't be working? Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Hanko
Contributor
Contributor

Justin,

I created a new account and put the api details in another instance of the software on another site. And the checkout worked.

I found out what was wrong. I had gone into my Paypal account and set up IPN manually for the first site. I didn't do that on the second site and everything seemed to work fine. So I deleted the IPN setup in my Paypal account, then tried the checkout on the first site, and now it works too.

So problem solved.

Thanks a lot for your help and your willingnesss to step up to get it solved. It is much apprecciated.

Best,

Ben

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Any Sandbox issues or questions should be directed through ** Link Removed **

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello @Quandary

Sandbox queries can be directed within this forum, it's the reason we created the forum.

I'm normally checking this forum once a day during the business week.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hi @Hanko

You mentioned that your testing in sandbox, what email address did you put in the section for PayPal payments and have you enabled "test" or "sandbox" mode ?

The error is usually shown when you attempt to receive a subscription payment into a personal account.

Login to Me Too

Hanko
Contributor
Contributor

Justin,

Re "what email address did you put in the section for PayPal payments", in the back office of Restrict Content Pro. As in the image below.

paypal.png

This is the only place I have put an email. It is the emal of my Paypal account.

The error message occurs when I click the "Register" button on the Register page. This is the error message.

Register_button_error_message.png

Yes, I have "Sandbox Mode" checked in the Restrict Content Pro setting area. The error does not occur when "Sandbox Mode" is unchecked. The live Paypal checkout login window appears.

To Summarize, I have a Paypal Business account. The error occurs upon clicking the Register button, before any emails are entered.

Best,

Hank

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hi @Hanko

I need to know the email address or API username for the sandbox account your using.

If your only experiencing this error whilst sandbox mode is enabled, it's being caused by something related to your sandbox account or the sandbox environment. This "register" button you've mentioned, is this shown within the software your using or are you referring to something your seeing on a PayPal checkout page ?

Login to Me Too

Hanko
Contributor
Contributor

Justin,

The Test API Username is smartguideconsulting-facilitator_api1.gmail.com.

The "Register" button is simply the Buy button, the utton on the order page to go to the checkout. RCP calls it Register for some reason.

Hanko

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
I've checked the account and it looks ok

You can try to create a new account and use the credentials from that account to see if it resolves the issue or you can submit a technical support ticket (https://www.paypal.com/mts) and provide the details of the site and how to re-produce the issue and we can test it for you to see what may be causing the issue.

If creating a new account and using that instead does not resolve the issue, submit the support ticket and post the ticket number here and I'll take ownership

Login to Me Too
Solved

Hanko
Contributor
Contributor

Justin,

I created a new account and put the api details in another instance of the software on another site. And the checkout worked.

I found out what was wrong. I had gone into my Paypal account and set up IPN manually for the first site. I didn't do that on the second site and everything seemed to work fine. So I deleted the IPN setup in my Paypal account, then tried the checkout on the first site, and now it works too.

So problem solved.

Thanks a lot for your help and your willingnesss to step up to get it solved. It is much apprecciated.

Best,

Ben

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hi Ben,

Great to hear you were able to resolve the issue !

Appreciate you taking the time to come back and update me 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.