Sandbox Subscription Order Status - Please Help

Geter
Contributor
Contributor

I'm posting here as I cant find the answers for my issues anywhere in the docs, the references or the internet.

I'm using the Paypal Buttons to set up a Subscription on the sandbox environment. The Plan is all previously set up and I go through the client flow of login in and approving the subscription. Upon finishing, the buttons code calls the onApprove function that comes with two parameters, data and actions.

Data brings the Order ID and Subscription ID while actions have methods for eg., capturing the order.

By debugging and getting those ID's I'm able to, on Postman, get the subscription, that comes with status ACTIVE. That I believe everything must have worked just right, hence the ACTIVE status.

But, if I use postman to get the ORDER, it comes back with status APPROVED and not COMPLETED. If I try to post to the order capture end-point, using the link that comes from getting the subscription (https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders/{ ORDER ID } /capture) it responds with a code 500(internal server error), even if Im following the correct REST setup for this endpois as in here(https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#orders_capture)

I've noticed that on the developer docs, the subscription code example just don't use the actions.order.capture() method in opposite as it's used on the checkout examples.

1 - When subscribing, there is no need to capture the order?

2 - Why the subscription's order come with status APPROVED and not COMPLETED as the subscription is already with status ACTIVE?

3 - Why trying to capture the subscription`s order results in a server error?

I also tried to list all subscription's transactions, and it comes empty. (For only one random subscription I created during my tests it has a transaction there)

4 - Why the transactions are blank for the subscriptions if they have ACTIVE status?
The orders ID`s that come when I subscribe for my plant don't seem to stay alive for long. I get "INVALID_RESOURCE_ID" when using the get order end-point.

5 - Why I cant I see the order for subscriptions after some time?

I REALLY need a workflow chart of subscriptions/orders status and events to better understand whats going on, but I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Anyone has this?

Please help, I don't want this to be another post without any answers in this community.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.