Sandbox Security Question

2and2makes5
Contributor
Contributor

I recently installed the MoviePass app on my Android phone.  When opting to use Paypal as the payment method, the app redirects to a sandbox version of Paypal.  I had entered my credentials prior to realizing that it did this to its users.

I was just wondering if a Paypal sandbox stores the password from an incorrect login attempt (I would assume not), in case I need to begin worrying.

Also, a release app shouldn't link to a dev environment.  Someone should look into that on MoviePass's side I guess
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi @2and2make5

The password is not stored unless you were provided with the option of using "one touch", which enables users to pay for items with one press of a button during checkout. (..and you chose to use that option). When it is stored, it's stored on your device only.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi @2and2make5

The password is not stored unless you were provided with the option of using "one touch", which enables users to pay for items with one press of a button during checkout. (..and you chose to use that option). When it is stored, it's stored on your device only.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.