Sandbox Payment not Processing

WingNZ
New Community Member

I am testing payments through our system in the Sandbox and some (not all) transactions do not process and return back to the cart without any error message.

There is not payment recorded in our application and no payment in the PayPal activities.

I can retry the payment via the cart (using the same payment details)  and it then works (though sometimes it takes up to 6 attempts)

I do see a Payment notification in the Sandbox notifications for these failed attempts, but nothing in the activities.

WingNZ_0-1581212471243.png

WingNZ_1-1581212482376.png

Has anyone seen this behaviour before and what can I do to prevent it?

Cheers

John

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Technical Support Community.

Failed PayPal payments will never show in the Activity of the Sandbox Account. The Activity will show successful payments.

Payments can fail for many different reasons. Certain dollar amounts can cause payments to fail in Sandbox. Also certain currencies being used can cause payment failures as well.

Try your payments in amounts such as $10.00 or $100.00. If you try amounts in the thousands of dollars its possible that the payments may fail, depending on the currency that you are using.

Here is some information on Negative Testing in Sandbox.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.