Sandbox Payment Status always pending why?

nitin-volga
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I trying to make test payment on the paypal sandbox but always failing to do so for my NOPCommerce site.

After completing the transaction I getting the payment status as pending.

Below is what I got in the log

PayPal IPN:
mc_gross: 1.00
invoice: 61
protection_eligibility: Ineligible
address_status: confirmed
payer_id: 27NLTRYMW5BUU
address_street: <removed>
payment_date: 23%3A11%3A57+Jan+19%2C+2018+PST
payment_status: Pending
charset: windows-1252
address_zip: <removed>
first_name: Nitin
address_country_code: IN
address_name: <removed>
notify_version: 3.8
custom: cb304ca5-4e85-464f-a0c2-52556cc2b692
payer_status: verified
address_country: <removed>
address_city: <removed>
quantity: 1
verify_sign: AdD.evllf1vyKV3FfB1GVu4-wywWAf8hCYmWnlzuqPGX8urY91D5U9yG
payer_email: <removed>
txn_id: <removed>
payment_type: instant
payer_business_name: <removed>%27s+Test+Store
last_name: <removed>
address_state: MH
receiver_email: <removed>
pending_reason: unilateral
txn_type: web_accept
item_name: Order+Number+61
mc_currency: USD
item_number:
residence_country: IN
test_ipn: 1
transaction_subject:
payment_gross: 1.00
ipn_track_id: 360cf1cc8fc93
New payment status: Pending

Can anyone tell me why the Payment status is pending and not paid?

Thanks,

<removed>

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The payment was sent to an email address which was not registered to a PayPal sandbox account and therefore the payment was pending.

Send the payment to a valid email address which is registered to a PayPal sandbox account and the payment should complete.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

nitin-volga
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin,

Still this doesn't explains must why this transaction status is pending.

As I have registered with developer account and created the business and personal account from there after email verification.

And while using the same for the transaction result in the same thing the log.

Please explain what to do to make the transaction successful?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

You sent the payment to the email address "omvedstore@xxxxxx.com"

This email address is not registered on a sandbox account.

The transaction shows a status of "pending", as the payment cannot complete if sent to an email address which is not registered to a sandbox account. In these instances, if the email address exists (this is more relevant to live) an email will be sent to that address to advise the account holder they've received money.

Login to Me Too

navjot789
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same issue and my buyer and seller both account is register with paypal sandbox. but still appearing the pending status

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Review the "issue reporting - how to" pinned at the top of this forum and then create a new thread with specific details in relation to your issue.

Login to Me Too

thebrickway

I'm facing the same problem.
I went through all the steps mentioned above and it's not working, my orders on WooCommerce are still with "On Hold" status after making a purchase using Sandbox environment.

I'm using a Sandbox Business account email to connect, with its relative Client ID and Secret key.

I'm using the same email to make the purchase.

What is going on?

I need to get this straight to launch my webstore.

Login to Me Too

delsalsa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just the same Issue. I went do Sandbox Delvelopper and set the Accoount in "Review sandbox payments before they are completed." to Off. The the status went to Completed after sent confirmation. 

Login to Me Too

BigMike206
New Community Member

OK... I'm the guy who says "I never do this"... but really. Anyway... I've been racking my brain until I finally came here and you folks helped me out.  BUT THE FIX IS >>> Like someone said up top. All of the emails have to match.

Paypal Username: --> your sandbox business email

Receiver email: --> your sandbox business email

Sandbox Username: --> your sandbox business email

And I also went into my sandbox settings and turned off the "payment review" like the comment I'm responding to said to do. But... I will say... I did that first before making sure ALL of my emails were entered correctly and it didn't work for me. I still have the setting turned off but once all of my emails were correct it went through right away.

I hope this helps and your frustrations are over with as mine are. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! Oh... and what I don't do... is comment on message boards but I WAS SO FRUSTRATED that I had help to keep someone from being as **bleep** as I was about it. It's the last thing I need to do before the launch, ya know? Lol

Login to Me Too

crisx1

hey

I did not understand,

1) I created a new "personal" sandbox account through the developer account to test the payment.

example: my developer account is : info@emailexample and i create new  sandbox account  through it that is : email=y

2) I entered the same emails as the generate account  in the woocommerce checkout(email=y) and then in the required paypal account the same (email=y),the payment was successful but my order is pending.

WHY?

@BigMike206 

i put email=y because PayPal don't accept in the format email example format

I've tried all the possibilities can anyone help me understand?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.