Sandbox IPN integration issue

priyanka_mehra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am working on transaction with payouts to single recipient , Transaction is completed successfully and will be added to the receiver's account but i want to send an email to the user when transaction is complete for this i have use IPN integration but i am not able to send an email. when my transaction is completed i am getting this response

Transaction ID  Recipient         Unique Identifier       Amount     Fee      Status        Reason Code      Custom Note                   Message
recipient_id    recipient_email                          1          $1.00    $0.25   Completed                            Thanks for your patronage!
please give solution for this so that i can send email to the recipient when transaction is complete. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Any account which receives a payment will also receive an email notification for that payment.

For payouts, as it's based on the REST API, you can only use webhooks -- https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/webhooks/rest-webhooks/

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Justin
Hello,

We don't provide scripts which send emails when an IPN is received. I'm sure if you google that, you should be able to locate some code which can be used to provide the same functionality.

PayPal approved IPN scripts are available here : https://github.com/paypal/ipn-code-samples

Login to Me Too

priyanka_mehra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I have checked my sandbox account notifications where i got know that both sender and receiver get notified as i want without using IPN, Now i want to confirm that as i am trying to send email to user's actual email address but i am unable is because i am using sandbox account? or if am trying to send email with live account i'll be able to send email to the recipient as it is done with sandbox account?

(Using Payouts API) 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
"Now i want to confirm that as i am trying to send email to user's actual email address but i am unable is because i am using sandbox account?" -- Correct

If you conduct the same transaction within our production environment, all payout recipients will receive an email notification to advise them that they've received funds.

Login to Me Too

priyanka_mehra
Contributor
Contributor

If i'll do transactions using payouts with live account then it will give email notification to the recipient as well without using IPN or Webhooks ? or i'll have to integrate it with IPN or Webhooks and if so then which one is more suitable with payouts ? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Any account which receives a payment will also receive an email notification for that payment.

For payouts, as it's based on the REST API, you can only use webhooks -- https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/webhooks/rest-webhooks/

Login to Me Too

priyanka_mehra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i have used web hooks as per your guidance and i am able to create web hook, after successful creation of web hook notification is still not sent and i am getting pending status in response could you please tell me why it'll happen n what i am doing wrong?Screenshot from 2018-05-17 18_46_47.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.