Sandbox - Connection Private Issue

Alex_cp
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Payment Data Transfer and I am attempting to use Paypal Sandbox for testing. It stopped working correctly but I haven't made any changes so it looks like the issue is on Paypal's end.

When I click on a subscription button it takes me to Sandbox Paypal where it offers me to create a paypal account or login with Paypal.

Choosing the login option, a warning screen is showned and indicates the following information:
"Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.sandbox3.paypal.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID This server could not prove that it is www.sandbox3.paypal.com; its security certificate is from www.sandbox.paypal.com. This may be caused by a miconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Proceed to www.sandbo3.paypal.com (unsafe)" .

If I tell chrome to proceed anyway it allows me to view the generic login in the following url: https://www.sandbox3.paypal.com/signin/?returnUri=https%3a%2f%2fwww%2esandbox3%2epaypal%2ecom%2fus%2... (note that the htpps:// is red and scratched).

After logging in, it takes me to "my account" and doesn't ask me to confirm the payment.

NOTE: Before the request error, this issue was already happening.

Here is a stackoverflow question showing the problem - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44640024/paypal-sandbox-ssl-issue-redirect-issue/44652397

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

francb
Contributor
Contributor

The issue takes place right after you click on the login button on this page - it gets redirected to sandbox3, then certificate issue and if accepted then redirected to BUYERS account summary page.

Login to Me Too

TRISH00W
Contributor
Contributor

That page is normal to appear, you have to click on the login button to give the error.

I'm still with the same issue... really annoying 😞

Login to Me Too

steel_alive
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue with the sandbox website. First page shows fine, then you click on a login button and it all goes down with certificate error. Proceeding without SSL check results in a login page which then redirects to user account page.

You're seriously disrupting the development workflow lately with this stuff, please update us on that

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

OK bug open on this, issue is for some users the internal boucnce to sandbox3 is causing the issue. We're working to have the cert apply to the sandbox3 domain as well. 

@Alex_cp - Image removed... apologies for that 🙂

Login to Me Too

Alex_cp
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran, is there some estimation when it can be fixed? I really need this fixed... Upgrade should be tomorrow... without this we can't do it..

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

No ETA yet, I'm pushing for an update on this Alex. I'll keep you posted. 

Login to Me Too

TRISH00W
Contributor
Contributor

Keep posting the update here please, since I'm with the same problem

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

We've now mitigated this issue so the connection warning issue doesn't occur.

You may see the URL change to "sandbox3.paypal.com" during the login process and then back to "sandbox.paypal.com" once logged into an account.

We do plan on permanently resolving this issue so there is no domain error / warning

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Alex_cp
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin, here nothing is solved... still the same: the Connection Private Issue still appears, and after login, I'm redirected to my account page without any payment done... already clear my cookies

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Apologies, I tested it and it was working....I've just tested it again and I'm experiencing the same issue.

Sorry for any confusion

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.