Sandbox Account

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm very new to this and not a developer. I created a sandbox account to test transactions on my website (I'm not creating apps - I just want to test that Google is tracking correctly). When I try to use either the personal or business sandbox accounts, it keeps asking me to fill out all the credit card and address info. I just want to use the account as a Paypal user would who is using their balance to pay. How do I do that? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,
Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.
Here is how you can create a personal sandbox account specifically for testing:

• Click Create Account
  • Click Create custom account at the bottom of the page
  • Fill in the email you would like to use (No actual emails will be sent to any live email server)
  • Fill in your password
  • Add a PayPal Balance of 50000 (this isn't real money its virtual money)
  • Keep it at Bank Verified, choose the credit card you would like on file (Visa, MC, Discover, Amex)
  • Click create account

When you are testing your website make sure to choose login and use the sandbox email and sandbox password from the account you create. With a balance, verified status, and a test card on file you will be able to simulate payments from your buyers.

Thank you,
Jennifer
PayPal

Login to Me Too

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. But I don't see anywhere to "Create Account" The only word "create" on the dashboard page is to create an app. 

Login to Me Too

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor

OK - so in the profile of the sandbox account I had already created (sending me off to create a new one was a wild goose chase since one was already created). It says this: 
Profile: Status Verified

Funding: Balance:

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Can you please try a different browser, and make certain that the browser does not have any ad blockers?

Normally after you enter the email address and click next you will be routed to the page asking for the password. If it stays on that page, either the email address is in the wrong format, or there is an ad block in place that is preventing the java script code from functioning.

Thanks,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

mtracht
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried Chrome and Firefox. Both regular browser and icognito. Nothing works. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.