Sandbox API transaction expiry

CoachJay
Contributor
Contributor

I have a small integration application script that I am working on for Paypal REST api to be triggered to automatically generate and check the status of invoices from a spreadsheet (Google Sheets).  

I've had most things working quit well, including a timer driven function to the REST api function getInvoiceDetails.    This has been working great in my development spreadsheet until June 13-June 15.

I am the only developer and I have not made any edits to this development spreadsheet using PayPal Sandbox URL since January. I started getting API error emails June 13, relating to invoices that up to that time did not respond with any errors.  Which prompted this investigation.  The issue isn't related to any active work on the spreadsheet or scripts being done.... this worked flawlessly without intervention for nearly 6 months.

All of a sudden (Mid June 2018), every single previously working request to getInvoiceDetails is returning (in Sandbox):
{"responseEnvelope":{"timestamp":"2018-07-08T21:44:45.119-07:00","ack":"Failure","correlationId":"<removed>","build":"47218156"},"error":[{"errorId":"500000","domain":"PLATFORM","subdomain":"Application","severity":"Error","category":"Application","message":"Internal Error"}]}

This does not seem to be limited to just getInvoiceDetails.  Using the same functions I used in January to create about 35 test invoices (working at the time),  to generate a new invoice, I get the same "ack:Failure" and "errorID:500000" using createAndSendInvoice. No invoice is created.

I can not find any information on errorID:500000 except this in the "adaptive payments API" information:

500000There is a system error

Side note: a previous version without as many features is deployed in a production spreadsheet using production Paypal API and continues to work correctly.  This seems related to sandbox only...Unfortunately, I would like to continue developing this script adding even more functionality now, but can not even begin to identify where this error is coming from.

Does anyone have any clue what possible "System error" this error could mean... keeping in mind that these functions in my scripts worked fine between November 2017 and June 2018.   June 13, 2018 is when all previously working requests suddenly started to fail (Sandbox).

Thanks in advance for any help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If this issue is still occurring today, please share the PayPal debug-id for a new example which I can review.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

CoachJay
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry...Yes, it is still occurring.  I've been trying to delete this post as I had discovered my initial though was incorrect... thus the strange title.   I had re-posted with a more to the point title and description, including the the full API response with correlation ID.  Someone is looking into it in that thread.  Is there a way to delete this post?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.