SandBox testing

lnadai
Contributor
Contributor

1 - When trying to delete sandbox accounts I get the error:
"Something went wrong. One or more sandbox accunts could not be deleted. Try again."
I tried again, and again

2 - When trying to test subscription in Sandbox with CC payment, first I alwasy see the "Log in to complete your checkout" page.
When I click on "Pay using your credit or debit card", I always get the message
"The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

3 - Sometimes (totally unpredictable) I can navigate to the CC apyment site, but I always get an error, saying something like
I can not use this payment because either the email, or the CC is associated with a PP account.

4 - Finally I tryt to test on my loive site, but no matter which C of mine (or which email of mine) I try to use,
I get the same error.
(Of course the "Return to Merchant" buttom doesn't return me anywhere.

5 - After all that, when I am trying to use my (or my wife's) PP accunt for payment, I get the error that I can not pay myself.

This is a total mess.
All that used to work fine.
Paypal has alawys been too expensive, but at least it used to work.

Googleing for 2 days now, I only see hacks left and right (nothing from PayPal), but nothing helped me so far.
Any help would enable me not to have to switch other provider and wasting more days on a problem that should be easy to resolve.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Ciaran

Answers below 🙂

1 - For this the, we're aware and working on it

2 & 3 - Subscriptions always require a user to sign up, you cannot go through as a guest for this flow

4 - The return to merchant link is the cancelURL you pass in the HTML form to PayPal in the form submission, if this variable is not set then the link wont work correctly. 

5 - With PayPal, you where never able to Pay yourself :), you need to use seperate buyer and seller accounts. 

Login to Me Too

lnadai
Contributor
Contributor

>>1 - For this the, we're aware and working on it
For how long?

>>2 & 3 - Subscriptions always require a user to sign up, you cannot go through as a guest for this flow
This did not answer my question at all.
I was trying to use the users I have added, and tried to use  CC numbers (visa/mc) as provided by PP, like 4222222222222
Every time I get the same message, that I can not use this, as it is already has an associated PP accunt, because either the email address, or the CC number is already associated with a PP account.
Of course it doesn't say if the problem is with the CC or the email (???)

>>4 - The return to merchant link is the cancel URL you pass in the HTML form to PayPal in the form submission, if this variable is not set then the link
wont work correctly. 
This is NOT the case because:
1 - It happens when I go to the payment site, it takes me to the PP payment option, and then when I click on "I want to use CC" then I get the message.
Also I DO have both the success and cancel pages set correctly (as I tested it)

>>5 - With PayPal, you where never able to Pay yourself , you need to use seperate buyer and seller accounts. 

Thanks for the smily face, it would be actually funny IF the rest would work as expected, which is NOT the case

Login to Me Too

LarryG-SIA
Contributor
Contributor

And just to add some followup with respect to ALL SUBSCRIPTIONS MUST HAVE AN ACCOUNT ... some of us pay the $19.99 per month to get ENHANCED RECURRING PAYMENTS which permits us to charge people on recurring basis WITHOUT them having a PP account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.