SandBox Test Account has my money....

notablebrand
New Community Member

My Sandbox Account has accepted money. I see te transactions on my side, but I didnt see the money in my account. I did some digging through google and found out how to see the funding information in my Sandbox account and there it was... my money. How do I get it out or convert this test account to a real account to the money?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,
Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community. Sandbox was created for testing PayPal products virtually. This test environment was designed to allow merchants and developers to test all aspects of PayPal without impacting a live account or live funding sources. As a result any test transactions that were completed in sandbox were not real transactions. Sandbox does not have the ability to charge a real credit card or move real money. I apologize for the confusion, however, any payments that were processed in Sandbox were simulated payments, so no real money movement took place. The buyer financial instrument (credit card, or other funding source) is not charged so the funds cannot be moved to a real or live PayPal Account.

If you have moved your integration to live, the buyer will need to make the purchase from your live website in order for the funds to be in your live PayPal Account.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks you,
Jennifer
PayPal

Login to Me Too

Hayleyjob
Contributor
Contributor
How do you make this live ? I'm very confused about this sandbox account can I spend the money or withdraw any of it ?
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"I'm very confused about this sandbox account can I spend the money or withdraw any of it ?"

Our sandbox environment is for testing purposes only, you cannot spend the money or withdraw the funds to a "real world" bank account, all the funds and transactions are fictitious.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.