[SOLVED] Working Sandbox not working in live

TommasoCi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and I have a problem with payments on a site made in PHP.

When I make the payment tests through Sandbox I do not have any problem, the three parameters "return", "cancel_return" and "notify_url" work well registering the orders or canceling them according to my choice.

If I disable the sandbox, it sends me correctly to the payment page and it allows me to make it, but once it is done, it sends me to the page set in the variable "cancel_return" despite the operation being successful.

Simply the only thing that changes in the code is the link to the sandbox:
'Https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr'
to
'Https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr'

Can someone help me please?

Edit update: I receive a HTTP response 500 on IPN notification, this only in live.

Best regards!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TommasoCi
Contributor
Contributor

I've found the solution for my problem and I write it here to help:

To help me I've followed a tutorial for the IPN Listener and the link for verifing transaction was write "wrong"...

It was 

the same link used for sending the information to the PayPal payment page instead of

What made me wrong and was difficult to find the solution was that in the IPN history I found only the HTTP response 500 and I thought that my server was unreachable for the paypal and the other thing was that in sandbox the address is the same for sending data and for checking it ( 
I hope I've helped someone with this issue.
Best regards!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.