Risk and fraud management inaccessible the sandbox

cl9
Contributor
Contributor

When clicking "Manage Paypal Risk and Fraud" from "My Profile", I am redirected to the account ledger page. I cannot access the "risk and fraud management" settings for my paypal sandbox merchant account by direct URL access or link on the website. It is important that I am able to change these settings because I am getting a "Transaction refused due to risk model" with "ErrorCode: 10626" for certain transactions—I am assuming it's because they are over $1500.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Stefan
Hi CI9,

The sandbox has a transaction limit of about 1100, everything above it is blocked due to risk.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS_Stefan
Hi CI9,

The sandbox has a transaction limit of about 1100, everything above it is blocked due to risk.
Login to Me Too

cl9
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not really sure what risk there is in the sandbox for transactions over 1100. This seems kind of ridiculous since some may need to test larger orders/transactions. Nevertheless, this appears to the the correct answer. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

bornfree11
New Community Member

I got the same error (with a different number) mine has the same description, due to risk.  The transaction I was charging was for only $63.00, so not due to the amount.  The customer showed me the transaction in her credit card ledger showing the charge immediately followed by a refund.

My guess is fraud protection from the card issuer, but I'm not sure.  I tried 2 different credit cards for my client and none worked.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.