Receiving Authentication Failed error on live domain

bhavya_tt
Contributor
Contributor

Integrating paypal standard payment to my web application. First time working on paypal integration.

Created a sandbox account and created an app to generate client id and secret key. Used the same with integration (Using PHP Codeigniter).

Everything worked fine with localhost (windows environment). Was able to do the test transactions.

When i moved the same application to live domain ( hosted using Cpanel ), i am receiving  the below error from paypal server

Authentication failed due to invalid authentication credentials or a missing Authorization header

Used the same sandbox credentials what i used in my localhost. But receiving the above error

Any ideas on what the issue is?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

If you are using the live endpoints you will need to ensure that you are using your Live Credentials and not your Sandbox Credentials. The Live Credentials are different than the Sandbox Credentials.

Also if using Rest API and completing Direct Credit Cards, you will need to ensure that you are enabled for Direct Credit Cards.

Here are the steps for obtaining your live Client ID and Client Secret:

1. Go to https://developer.paypal.com
  2. Click on Log into Dashboard at the top right
  3. Log in using your Live PayPal email and password
  4. Scroll down to your Rest API Application
  5. Click on the Application
  6. Click live at the top right hand side

2018-04-13 10_18_01-Edit Applications - PayPal Developer.png

Paste live Client API and Client Secret into your Rest API Integration.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.