REST API: To process your request we need more information about you and your account.

MartinvanStein
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I have an affiliate program inside my wordpress website, which has a functionality to payout multiple people through the REST API.

However when I want to enable : "

PayoutsPayout up to 500 recipients in one API Call.

on this URL: https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accountStatus#enablePayouts 

I get a message saying: To process your request we need more information about you and your account

Followed with a "Contact US" button.

However when I contact Paypal support they say they are not equipped to deal with these types of problems and that they can't help me.

They did say there were no restrictions on my account that they could see.

So my question is, what is needed and  who do I need to contact in order to solve this issue?

There is no big rush, but I would like to get this working asap.

I also send a mail last night so it might be in some inbox/process somewhere.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers,

Martin

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The technical department won't be able to enable payouts on your production account as they don't have the necessary permissions to make changes. Only the customer service or business support teams can assist you with this request.

As I recommended, you need to call them with this type of request and if you're told they aren't aware of the process ect....,ask for the request to be escalated to a team lead or supervisor.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Justin
Hello,

In order for payouts to be enabled on a production account, you need to reach out to our customer service team who will submit a request internally for your business to be reviewed for eligibility to utilize this product, hence the message you're seeing that we need more information.
If the customer service agent you speak says they cannot assist you with this request or they aren't aware of the process, request that they escalate the request to their team lead or supervisor.

Login to Me Too

MartinvanStein
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Justin!

Well unfortunately the people I spoke to on the phone said they weren't trained to handle any of the requests, regarding developer.paypal products or services.

Luckily a support representative answered the question to the mail I send to the generic support  department on the site and they pointed me to:

To enable payouts, please contact our technical department through www.paypal-techsupport.com

Now I am unsure as to why support is so fragmented  into different URL's and departments, however if this works I will make it known on this topic, so that when someone else runs into the same issue they can more easily find a solution, without having to go through a roundabout 😉

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The technical department won't be able to enable payouts on your production account as they don't have the necessary permissions to make changes. Only the customer service or business support teams can assist you with this request.

As I recommended, you need to call them with this type of request and if you're told they aren't aware of the process ect....,ask for the request to be escalated to a team lead or supervisor.

Login to Me Too

MartinvanStein
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got someone on the phone, who knew what needed to be done and what information was needed.

So the application is in, and hopefully at some point someone will pick it up and say yes 😉

Login to Me Too

Baurzhan
Contributor
Contributor
Hi please let me know how to solve this issue
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.