Platform (Partner) Account not receiving platform fee in sandbox

Seeker70
New Community Member

I am using the Paypal Commerce Platform, and I have this activated in my Sandbox Account.

There are three parts to the test transaction:

Payer Account
Merchant Account
Platform Account

I can successfully run a transaction, which debits the Payer sandbox account and credits the Merchant sandbox account. However, the Platform account does not receive the fee as a credit in its account.

Payer pays $100, and the fee is set up in the Order Creation here: 

https://api-m.sandbox.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders

Like so:
"intent": "CAPTURE",
"purchase_units": [{
"amount": {
"currency_code": "USD",
"value": "100.00"
},
"payee": {
"email_address": "XXXXXXXXX"
},
"payment_instruction": {
"disbursement_mode": "INSTANT",
"platform_fees": [{
"amount": {
"currency_code": "USD",
"value": "15.00"
}
}]
}

After the transaction is completed and captured, the Payer account has $100 less than it did before. The Merchant account has $85 added to it, minus paypal fees. So the platform fee IS being taken out of the payment. However, the Platform Account shows no activity and does not get credited with the $15. 

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something I should be doing?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sankris
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing the exact same issue. Even tried with DELAYED disbursement_mode. In merchant account transaction, partner fee deduction is reflected correctly, however no activity recorded in Partners account. I believe I followed all the instructions correctly mentioned in https://developer.paypal.com/docs/platforms/checkout/immediate-capture/. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

ilab-dev
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also facing same issue. anyone got solution ? 

Login to Me Too

ilab-dev
Contributor
Contributor

@Seeker70 @sankris You got any solutions ? Is this only on sandbox?

Login to Me Too

oggo
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing this problem 😞 Does anybody know if this is also a production issue?

Login to Me Too

flyingkei
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem. According to this stack overflow, you need to call and set up a real account in order to see the marketplace fee move correctly.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63455004/paypal-checkout-platform-fee-on-order-create

I haven't verified this myself because I haven't called in yet to set up an account to use the commerce platform.

On a separate note, has anyone been able to do a server-side implementation of creating an order with a platform fee, or do I have to do it client-side?

Login to Me Too

oggo
Contributor
Contributor

I am triggering the order capture on the server using the api and it seems to work fine.

Login to Me Too

anandchapter247
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue using sandbox account order is capturing and all details are right according to implementation but platform_fee is not received in main account

Login to Me Too

papajuan

I have the same issue, how do you solve this problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.