Permission_Denied: Insufficient Priviledges error with Paypal Express using IE 11

MelloP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Recently in the past week (July 2018) I started receiving a Permission_Denied: "Insufficient privileges" error in the response body when using Internet Explorer 11 for credit card checkout on both PROD and SANDBOX.

I am using Paypal Express Checkout in my deployment. I noticed the same issue is appearing when testing on the demo website when using IE11. (https://developer.paypal.com/demo/checkout/#/pattern/checkout).

Replication Steps:

1) DO NOT login.  Use the demo link above and click the Paypal Checkout button

2) Click "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" and checkout using test credit card.

3) Click Continue. The popup window will close and direct back to demo page. In the web console it shows 

{"ack":"permission_denied","message":"Insufficient privileges"}

The following request is what contains the error:

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes/api/payment/PAY-8VD71723SH886781YLNMNONI?

The scope tokens returned are as follows:

Can anyone assist with troubleshooting and resolving this issue? As a note, this works fine in all browsers except for IE11.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MelloP
Contributor
Contributor

Bump. Looking for assistance on this.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This was an issue which was fixed within our system on 3rd August 2018.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

rafaelsortosv
New Community Member

Hi @MTS_Justin , could you check if the error is present at this moment?

I am trying to capture some payments on the sandbox and I am receiving the same error. It was working yesterday and the days before.

Thanks,

Rafael

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I'm not aware of any issues at the moment.

If you're seeing an error response whilst attempting to capture some payments, please start a new thread, providing the sandbox client_id you're using, the error message you're experiencing and some debug id's which are returned in every response and we can review it.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.