Performing test transactions with Paypal

aparnamudholkar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a developer account on Paypal and have created personal and business sandbox accounts linked to it. I want to be able to test the paypal payment flow with my sandbox credentials to simulate various success and error cases. My application is built with Django and Angular JS and is integrated with recurly for managing payments and billing information, etc. I have configured my business sandbox account credentials to work with recurly.

When I choose paypal as a payment option in my application for performing a paypal test transaction and enter my sandbox account credentials, I get an error that the data entered is incorrect. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Am I missing any configuration?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi,

Check the URL shown in the address bar (if one is shown) and ensure it says "sandbox.paypal.com". If there is no address bar, check the logs for your application to determine to which environment the requests are being sent.

Sandbox account credentials can only be used within our sandbox environment (sandbox.paypal.com)

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi,

Check the URL shown in the address bar (if one is shown) and ensure it says "sandbox.paypal.com". If there is no address bar, check the logs for your application to determine to which environment the requests are being sent.

Sandbox account credentials can only be used within our sandbox environment (sandbox.paypal.com)

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.