Paypal sendbox payment status always "pending"

probsemail
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently working on an integration of paypal through paypal smart buttons and the Javascript SDK.

I have setup a business and a personal sandbox account to test.

Everything seems to work fine, except for the fact that all the payments captured stay in "pending" mode indefinitely. I have payments made 4-5 days ago and they are still pending. All payments are made from a personal account into a business account. The payments are always visible in the buyer's account, but money never makes it to the seller's account

I have browsed the forums in search of an answer and came across this post: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Environment/Sandbox-Payment-Status-always-pending-why/td...

I have tried everything suggested in this link, made sure all the accounts used for the payment were confirmed sandbox accounts, made sure to accept payments in all currencies, made sure not to ask for payment confirmation in the sandbox business account setup, etc.

To push tests further, I have tried to send money through the sandbox portal from my sandbox personal account to my sandbox business account and the same issue occurs, money transfer is still "pending" after 2 days.

I've spent 2 days trying to figure out what's wrong and I'm running out of ideas, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask for anything that could help debugging.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This sounds like the email address on the receiving account isn't confirmed. Check the email address on the account and ensure it's confirmed.

Note : All email communication in our sandbox environment is conducted through the "notifications" section of PayPal Developer. We don't send any external emails from our sandbox environment.

If you cannot confirm the email address yourself, please share the merchant id / payer id for your sandbox account which is receiving the payment. Instructions on how to retrieve this ID can be found in the thread "pinned" to the top of this forum.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

probsemail
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the late reply.

The accounts have been created from the developer portal, from my readings, these emails are automatically confirmed when created, no?

The account status also shows as "Verified" in the developer portal, am I missing something?

2020-09-10 11_51_17-Start.png

I had a look at the "notifications" section of the developer portal and followed the link to confirm the account, doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Here is the paypal merchant Id for my sandbox receiving account: 7ET53KXBGYRPA

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.