Paypal Sandbox webshook (SANDBOX WEBHOOKS) not working

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

I created new app, added paypal creds to my application and added Webhook Url.

I do a Paypal purchase with sandbox account and I can see events in the notification but cannot see any webhook payload coming through to my application. (This is for automatic payment profile) I cannot see any entries in the log about this.

I have checked with IPN simulator and it seems I can see some logs coming in so it seems it's not related to any network issues between Paypal and my application.

Is this Sandbox Webhook feature broken?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 

I'm still getting issues and no notifications at all.

My sandbox seller account ID is QKE843A9MGTLW

I already have live account which is working which I need to migrate across to new account due to owner transfer and this is now urgent.

Also I cannot reset password for sandbox paypal for my old account it does not send email to my recovery email and also I have changed my mobile phone number so email is the only way to retrieve reset password link.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I checked your account and I can see one webhook was sent in the past few days and shows as being delivered.

Destination : https://*****.com/payment/paypal_listener.php
Description : Payment completed for $ 9.97 USD
Status
Content
Content Type : application/jsonContent :
{"id":"WH-9DB176654E651731Y-6RN8297747519583E","event_version":"1.0","create_time":"2019-05-21T11:32:18.647Z","resource_type":"sale","event_type":"PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED","summary":"Payment completed for $ 9.97 USD","resource":{"id":"0KY8763926167752G","state":"completed","amount":{"total":"9.97","currency":"USD","details":{}},"payment_mode":"INSTANT_TRANSFER","protection_eligibility":"ELIGIBLE","protection_eligibility_type":"ITEM_NOT_RECEIVED_ELIGIBLE,UNAUTHORIZED_PAYMENT_ELIGIBLE","transaction_fee":{"value":"0.64","currency":"USD"},"create_time":"2019-05-21T11:32:14Z","update_time":"2019-05-21T11:32:14Z","links":[{"href":"https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/payments/sale/0KY8763926167752G","rel":"self","method":"GET"},{"hr..."}]}

In regards to resetting the password for a sandbox account, you can do this via your PayPal Developer account.
Go to the section - Sandbox > Accounts and locate the sandbox account in question. Click the arrow to the left of the email address and a drop-down menu will appear. Click on "profile". When the profile page appears, you'll see the option to change the password for the account.

Final thing, any email sent from the sandbox environment, whether it's for a payment notification or an email address confirmation notification, they will all be sent to the "notifications" section of your PayPal Developer account. The sandbox environment does not send email to external email addresses.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 

thanks for the quick reply. Actually that notification is SOAP when I enabled webhook before for testing however I don't want that one as my application is set up with REST API. I never received any notification for REST API.

Also with my email address that I was trying to gain access to in sandbox. It was registered a while back and I'm trying to recover it as I need to create it under my new developer account. I cannot reset password or do anything with it as it doesn't send email from sandbox. I just wanted to create account under that email but it's complaining that the email already belongs to existing account.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"Actually that notification is SOAP when I enabled webhook before for testing however I don't want that one as my application is set up with REST API. I never received any notification for REST API" -- It doesn't really matter what the underlying API which was used, the notification itself is a webhook, sent via webhook services which means webhooks is working and sending to your webhook URL. What we need to understand is why when you complete a REST API call you don't receive a webhook.

Have you enabled webhooks for one of your REST applications and enabled all webhook events ?

What REST application are you using to submit your REST API requests ? (name of REST application)

For the email address issue, it sounds like the email address was added to another sandbox account previously and now you're attempting to add it to another account and the sandbox will not allow you to do this. An email address can only be added to one account at a time and you would need to remove it from the existing account before being able to add it to a new account.
You will need access to the developer account where the sandbox account has been registered and you will need to be able to see the account within your account list in order to be able to recover the password for it.

"as it doesn't send email from sandbox" -- I've covered this already, no emails are sent externally from the sandbox environment. They are only sent to the "notifications" section of your PayPal Developer account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin 

Thanks for prompt response.

The application name is KeywordRev and I have all webhook events enabled but it is still not sending anything through.

This application is already operating under live with another account and is working fine and all I am doing is working on staging website with exact same codebase. You could ask if there was something wrong with the application but I cannot even see any request coming through to the application pre-processing. I have a log entry that captures this.

Not sure why no events are coming through in this case. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Sorry, can you share the "client_iD" being used to submit these REST API requests so I can review our logs ?

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

thanks.

It's Ae4NmUkwju37ENYRlSA6y_V2WEL4Fd89tATLPGaRYFDJRNwpR6jcPs55_SilWdeaHhwQM5jDwKfehKUX

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I looked up that "client_id" and I don't see any REST API requests made with that ID going back to 1st May 2019.

Can you share the response from a REST API request you made ? It should contain a debug id which I can use to lookup our logs.

Apologies for the delay in responding. I don't get on here as much as I would like to.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

BalintKabok
Contributor
Contributor

simanasw
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here! 

Despite the fact that switching between Sandbox and Live environments in Developers Dashboard is more than stupid, developers are still unable to see sandbox account web hooks stream. Well done PayPal. Two years in to this and there is nobody on your side competent enough to figure this out! 

I am amazed about your laziness every time I need to do some development around your wacky payments system. It's just simply unbelievable! Company with relatively limitless financial capacity is totally unable to deal with the simplest quirks like these. Unbelievable! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.