Paypal Sandbox webshook (SANDBOX WEBHOOKS) not working

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

I created new app, added paypal creds to my application and added Webhook Url.

I do a Paypal purchase with sandbox account and I can see events in the notification but cannot see any webhook payload coming through to my application. (This is for automatic payment profile) I cannot see any entries in the log about this.

I have checked with IPN simulator and it seems I can see some logs coming in so it seems it's not related to any network issues between Paypal and my application.

Is this Sandbox Webhook feature broken?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"I created new app, added paypal creds to my application and added Webhook Url" - Did you also signup for webhook events and choose to subscribe to "All Events" ?

"I do a Paypal purchase with sandbox account and I can see events in the notification" -- What type of PayPal transaction did you submit and "in the notification", I assume you mean the email notification ?

Test your webhook URL using the webhooks simulator, which will simulate a webhook payload and submit it to your webhook URL.

I've tested webhooks today and they're working fine with my account, nothing is broken.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

It's for txn_type = subscr_payment and express_checkout

Notification simulator works but payload doesn't seem to be matching with what I actually get in production.

Also when I actually do a checkout it doesn't send any notifications at all. I've ticked all events

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

Have you enabled webhooks for NVP/SOAP apps ?

Webhooks_NVP-SOAP.jpg

The payload data should match if you're sending identical data within the payment requests.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still getting IPN response of:

Array ( [id] => WH-1HX79296UL003402H-43M4785704310374R [event_version] => 1.0 [create_time] => 2019-05-14T11:22:50.341Z [resource_type] => sale [event_type] => PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED [summary] => Payment completed for $ 9.97 USD [resource] => Array ( [id] => 51C42481633915521 [state] => completed [amount] => Array ( [total] => 9.97 [currency] => USD [details] => Array ( ) ) [payment_mode] => INSTANT_TRANSFER [protection_eligibility] => ELIGIBLE [protection_eligibility_type] => ITEM_NOT_RECEIVED_ELIGIBLE,UNAUTHORIZED_PAYMENT_ELIGIBLE [transaction_fee] => Array ( [value] => 0.64 [currency] => USD ) [create_time] => 2019-05-14T11:22:45Z [update_time] => 2019-05-14T11:22:45Z [links] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [href] => https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/payments/sale/51C42481633915521 [rel] => self [method] => GET ) [1] => Array ( [href] => https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/payments/sale/51C42481633915521/refund [rel] => refund [method] => POST ) ) ) [links] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [href] => https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/notifications/webhooks-events/WH-1HX79296UL003402H-43M478570431037... [rel] => self [method] => GET ) [1] => Array ( [href] => https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/notifications/webhooks-events/WH-1HX79296UL003402H-43M478570431037... [rel] => resend [method] => POST ) ) )

Why am I getting ITEM_NOT_RECEIVED_ELIGIBLE,UNAUTHORIZED_PAYMENT_ELIGIBLE and not like below?

I was expecting below:

Array ( [mc_gross] => 9.97 [outstanding_balance] => 0.00 [period_type] => Regular [next_payment_date] => 03:00:00 Jun 13, 2019 PDT [protection_eligibility] => Eligible [payment_cycle] => Monthly [address_status] => confirmed [tax] => 0.00 [payer_id] => S8279G595S54Y [address_street] => 1 Main St [payment_date] => 17:30:30 May 13, 2019 PDT [payment_status] => Completed [product_name] => Keyword Revealer Basic - Monthly [charset] => windows-1252 [recurring_payment_id] => I-N5C77HPNCKTB [address_zip] => 95131 [first_name] => Sesh [mc_fee] => 0.59 [address_country_code] => US [address_name] => Sesh Jaya [notify_version] => 3.9 [amount_per_cycle] => 9.97 [payer_status] => unverified [currency_code] => USD [business] => 21212email [address_country] => United States [address_city] => San Jose [verify_sign] => Akc.NPVVe3iq7EvO6kvvpBwWalW.ANxCOkiguJS1wp-TI54JZrxFOi.w [payer_email] => 2122131email [initial_payment_amount] => 0.00 [profile_status] => Active [amount] => 9.97 [txn_id] => 1N736802FL058992J [payment_type] => instant [last_name] => Jakhaniya [address_state] => CA [receiver_email] => ttestemail [payment_fee] => 0.59 [receiver_id] => DH99FKEPYT9QN [txn_type] => recurring_payment [mc_currency] => USD [residence_country] => US [test_ipn] => 1 [transaction_subject] => Keyword Revealer Basic - Monthly [payment_gross] => 9.97 [shipping] => 0.00 [product_type] => 1 [time_created] => 03:18:58 Apr 13, 2018 PDT [ipn_track_id] => f7d307ea70677 )

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You're comparing two different solutions, the first isn't an IPN response, it's a webhooks response and the second being an IPN response. They provide different payload data, so comparing the two is kind of fruitless.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

Sure but I tried webhook response initially and it didn't work as it didn't send the response so I tried IPN instead.

I created REST type application and added in client id and secret to my online website. Then also for the sandbox account (the one receives the payment) NVP/SOAP Sandbox API Credentials with username, password and signature. By the time I make a payment with paying account, I can see the profile is created and a few minutes later the payment is received however there is no webhook being triggered. I have set event with my endpoint and has all events ticked in my REST type application which was created in the account.

There are no log entries or access to this endpoint which indicates Paypal is not sending the notifications at all. It seems to work with NVP/SOAP API apps however.

Is there a bug in the REST type apps?

Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

Any help would be appreciated here. Has anyone else noticed issue with REST APP notifications not sending?

Login to Me Too

Jae83729
Contributor
Contributor

I saw the post you made about webhooks not being delivered https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Environment/ALERT-Webhooks-Are-Not-Being-Delivered/m-p/1...

I am not seeing any webhooks at all even though I have set up webhook at REST API APP. Please advise is this related to the current issue

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 11.31.56 pm.png

You mentioned:

"The webhooks are being generated, but there is currently a large queue for webhook delivery which will delay your webhook data from reaching your webhook endpoint.  Our engineering team have been made aware and are currently investigating the issue."

In the post but I cannot see anything coming through to Webhooks Events page at all. Should I have at least pending or some sort of entry?

@MTS_Justin 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The issue with webhook delivery has now been resolved, so please try using webhooks again and let me know if you receive any notifications.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.