Paypal Developer Sandbox question

buddybaker
Contributor
Contributor

I alone have access to my paypal account. While checking around my account I noticed one of the tools is my Developers account. I also noticed several email accounts and 8 notification accounts created and linking to several credit cards and bank accounts - none of which have anything to do with me. Calling Paypal gave me ZERO help to find out how this could be or how to delete those emails. They will not delete. Also I never created a Sandbox account myself.

Absolutely no one has ever been granted access to my ppal. Does this mean someone has accessed my personal ppal account - or is there some other way to create info in my developers sandbox account?

I immediately changed my password and contacted ppal. Apparently no unusual account activity yet. Is access to my personal account necessary to be able to work in my Developers Sandbox?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

buddybaker
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin thanks for your help I'll hold onto the info for now and contact you later if I want to delete the sandbox account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I assume you're referring to a PayPal Developer account which you access at https://developer.paypal.com ?

If you have a PayPal Developer account, you've logged into the site previously. In order to work with PayPal Developer, you need a production PayPal account, so you either need to use your own account or have a developer use their's to conduct any necessary testing.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

buddybaker
Contributor
Contributor

"If you have a PayPal Developer account, you've logged into the site previously."

That is the problem: I've never created a developers account, and yet someone has added accounts, notifications, their own credit cards and bank info and API credentials! No one has ever had access to my ppal but me. The date they were created is March 4, 2019, the day I discovered it and changed my password.

I have screenshots of it all and I can't delete anything because I've never created a developers sandbox account.

Is it possible for someone to create that sandbox info without having access to my personal ppal account? and why didn't they change my password, lock me out, commit fraud and steal my money? 

My question is: Should I still be worried? Should I close my ppal? Thanks for any help! Buddy

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If you have already changed your password, then there is nothing else you need to do, that was the correct action to take.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

buddybaker
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin That's great and thanks Justin, but my question still: I can't delete the emails and credit card info that was created. How can I get rid of it?And is there any reason to forward my info - or should I leave it there for future reference in case someone connects me to some future fraud case. 

I'm posting here in case it might be info someone needs in the community who encounters this situation. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

Is this information on a sandbox account, if so all the information should be fictitious. I can delete the sandbox accounts if you wish, just send me the "merchant id" from your production PayPal account.
You can locate the merchant id by reviewing the thread "pinned" at the top of this forum, entitled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Thanks !

Login to Me Too
Solved

buddybaker
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin thanks for your help I'll hold onto the info for now and contact you later if I want to delete the sandbox account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.