Payouts development

oppChest
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We developed the following flow:

1. Receive money from a party
  2. After the money is received, we need to transfer part of it to other paypal user

For this flow we used in Payouts. It worked and expected in Sandbox, but when moving to the Live account we are getting "AUTHORIZATION_ERROR". 

We tried to enable the Payouts in the live account (on developer.paypal.com -> developer -> accountStatus) but instead of getting a form request, we are being directed to the Help Page.

From the support we were answered: "Unfortunately, this is a service which is only available for larger business accounts when they meet certain requirements. When the requirements are met, we will contact you directly meaning you do not need to reach out yourself"

So my questions are:

1. what are the requirements that we need to meet? I really have to be a large business account? (we hope to be, but we are a startup building the business)
  2. is there an alternative to payouts? Are we using the wrong method? What I want to clarify is that we do not need mass payments but to transfer money to a single user every time.

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Q. What are the requirements that we need to meet? I really have to be a large business account? (we hope to be, but we are a startup building the business)
A. Approx $15k per month for three months

Q: Is there an alternative to payouts?
No, there is no alternative

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.