Payments work well using Checkout button, but I can´t see them in my transactions in Sandbox

thisisalexis1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I have been developing for several weeks an (Angular) application that uses the Paypal Express Checkout button. The payment process using the button has always worked fine and, in fact, it still does it.

I have two accounts which I have been using for my tests: the buyer and the facilitator accounts. Every time I make a test using the buyer account to make a payment, I check the transaction in the Paypal Sandbox using both the facilitator and buyer accounts; I have been always able to see my transactions there: Everytime o complete a purchase, I go to the sandbox dashboard, and see my transaction in the transactions summary.

But, since friday, something strange is happening.

I have not made any change to my application (at least to the portion of code that makes the call to the Paypal API) and , in fact, the payment process is working well, as usual: The Paypel button appears and when I click on it, I'm able to put my account's information, pay and finish the process. The Paypal API even returns the usual response (JSON), with status, id, description and so on, of the transaction. Everything seems to be ok with the response.

What is the issue then? Well, my problem is that (since Friday) when I go to the sandbox dashboard, in order to check my transaction, it does not appear there. It is like I have not completed any purchase or anything; I have completed successfuly many purchases since friday and I'am not be able to see any of them on the transactions' summary.

I'm pretty sure that the problem is not in my code, because it was working well and I did not make any change to it. I even create a new Angular Application and put there the Paypal button code generated from the paypal web page and the problem remains.

I thought it was possible that there were a problem with my API KEY, so I created a new one (From the developers dashboard) and also I created new users (both facilitator and buyer). I repeated the tests and the results were the same: The purchase proccess worked fine, but when I went to the transactions' summary in the Paypal sandbox, I could not see anything there.

Another corious thing is that the money is discounted from the buyer account and added to the facilitator account, but I can not see the transactions.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Alexis Bravo

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The team have investigated and responded that the issue should now be resolved.

Please conduct a test transaction and let me know if it does not appear quickly.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This appears to be a latency issue between the time when the transaction has been executed and the time it gets written to the database. Latency here will cause the transaction to be completed, returning a successful response but not appearing in your account activity until some time later.

I'll raise the issue with the relevant team and ask them to review it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The team have investigated and responded that the issue should now be resolved.

Please conduct a test transaction and let me know if it does not appear quickly.

Login to Me Too

thisisalexis1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, @MTS_Justin

As you suggested, I have just tested the paypal button from my application again. Now transactions are being shown in the transactions' summary almost immediately (with only a couple of minutes of latency) in both the facilitator and buyer accounts... It worked!

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.