Paying with a sandbox account that's not linked to same production account

NathanSF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My employer has a production PayPal account, and I'm trying to test locally paying with my personal sandbox account. Is this possible, or does the sandbox need to be connected to the same production account in order to test?

Thanks for any info.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Our sandbox environment allows transactions between sandbox accounts, you can't send payments from our production environment / a production account to our sandbox environment and vice-versa.

Our sandbox testing guide should get you started in your testing journey : https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/paypal-here/sandbox-testing/

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

NathanSF
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin,

Thanks for the response, however I don't think this answered my question. That is the sandbox testing guide I was following, and I don't see my question addressed in the docs. I am aware that one can send payments between sandbox accounts, and that you can not send payments to a production account from a sandbox account and vice versa. So all clear there.

My question is "Can I pay to a sandbox account with a different sandbox account that is not linked to the same production account"?

For example, I have a personal PayPal account (myname). I created a sandbox account from that main account, let's say (myname.sandbox).  My employer has a PayPal account (employer) and created a sandbox (employer.sandbox).

So we have multiple sandbox accounts, but they were created with different base accounts. Can I "successfully" process a payment to employer.sandbox from myname.sandbox? "Successful" is in quotes, because by successful I mean no money will change hands (obviously, since they're sandboxes). However, I will see a success response in the browser and the test payment will appear I log into myname.sandbox.

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"My question is "Can I pay to a sandbox account with a different sandbox account that is not linked to the same production account"?"

Yes, you can.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.