PayPal payments not being updated on my website

BOBMHS
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ecommerce site (Sunshop latest version, all modules correctly installed) that accepts paypal payments via PayPal payments Standard.  Everything works fine except that the transaction record on my website is not updating as payment received.  This has been happening since 2017 and I'm at the end of my rope.  Any idea's ???  HELP!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

My guess is that it's supposed to be using IPN for the updates, but it's not configured properly for some reason.  

Here's a guide on how to test PayPal IPN if you're familiar with what that is in general.

If not, feel free to submit a quote request and I can discuss helping you get this figured out.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

BOBMHS
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your feedback.  I'm not a developer, but I can follow programming logic.  I checked my IPN transactions

@angelleye wrote:

My guess is that it's supposed to be using IPN for the updates, but it's not configured properly for some reason.  

Here's a guide on how to test PayPal IPN if you're familiar with what that is in general.

If not, feel free to submit a quote request and I can discuss helping you get this figured out.

status on paypal and all transactions status says disabled.  I changed the setting to enabled, and tested resending one of them.  The status came back failed.  Any advice?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You need to make sure the URL is configured correctly based on what Sunshop documents about that.

If it's still failing you could reach out to their support directly. Or you could follow the steps in the article I linked to previously.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.