PayPal error (13122): occurred while processing your PayPal payment.

Kamal225
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Guys,
I've built my own e-commerce site using woo-commerce and used PayPal as the payment processor, But before I open my website for the audience I have made a test with the Paypal sandbox to test the transactions, But unfortunately I all the payments have failed and returned this error message :
"PayPal error (13122): An error (13122) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance."
when I did this sandbox test I used a business account and set it is country to Egypt "As it is my country and my actual PayPal country setting is Egypt", And used a personal account to represent the customers and the country is USA because most of my clients would be USA residents,
in order to investigate the cause of the error, I did 2 additional tests with a different business account one from the united states and another one with a business account from Saudi Arabia, and both transactions completed successfully,
Any tips?
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

MTS_Justin
Hello,

For sandbox accounts, I can make this change if you share the payer id / merchant id for the sandbox business account you're using. Details on how to retrieve this information can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

For production accounts, you would need to request this be enabled by our customer service team as I cannot make changes to production environment accounts.

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Mar1Nabih
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 

Yes please!

Business account ID: FB6PGKQG3HL8A

Personal account ID: HXYL6TX395RBU

I would also like to know is it possible that my production account has "auto sweep" enabled and is able to receive payments while at the same time sandbox account has this functionality disabled hence unable to receive payments in sandbox mode so I'm getting this error 13122?

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

Login to Me Too

Mar1Nabih
Contributor
Contributor

I had to edit my post to re-add my accounts IDs, I don't know why they got removed, if I'm doing something that violates the rules please any MOD can let me know as I don't know how I can share that information with @MTS_Justin without pasting it here.

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id's for your accounts.

I've enabled automatic withdrawals on both of the accounts you referenced.

I've tested this today to confirm the functionality and you should also be able to do this yourself, both in a "sandbox" account and in a "live" account.

Direct URL (sandbox): https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/businessmanage/account/money

Direct URL (live): https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/account/money

Go to the bottom of the page and in the "automatic withdrawal" section, click on "manage".

Choose a bank account and save the change.

In regards to the information being removed from your post, that should only occur if you provide email addresses for accounts, as we don't allow them to be shared on this forum for security reasons. Sharing the merchant id should be no problem and it should not be removed, apologies if they were removed in error.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Mar1Nabih
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @MTS_Justin so much for your help, I tested it and everything went perfectly well.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.