PayPal error (13122): occurred while processing your PayPal payment.

Kamal225
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Guys,
I've built my own e-commerce site using woo-commerce and used PayPal as the payment processor, But before I open my website for the audience I have made a test with the Paypal sandbox to test the transactions, But unfortunately I all the payments have failed and returned this error message :
"PayPal error (13122): An error (13122) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance."
when I did this sandbox test I used a business account and set it is country to Egypt "As it is my country and my actual PayPal country setting is Egypt", And used a personal account to represent the customers and the country is USA because most of my clients would be USA residents,
in order to investigate the cause of the error, I did 2 additional tests with a different business account one from the united states and another one with a business account from Saudi Arabia, and both transactions completed successfully,
Any tips?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id's for your accounts.

I've enabled automatic withdrawals on both of the accounts you referenced.

I've tested this today to confirm the functionality and you should also be able to do this yourself, both in a "sandbox" account and in a "live" account.

Direct URL (sandbox): https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/businessmanage/account/money

Direct URL (live): https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/account/money

Go to the bottom of the page and in the "automatic withdrawal" section, click on "manage".

Choose a bank account and save the change.

In regards to the information being removed from your post, that should only occur if you provide email addresses for accounts, as we don't allow them to be shared on this forum for security reasons. Sharing the merchant id should be no problem and it should not be removed, apologies if they were removed in error.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

tarekelnemrawy
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same error 13122 message, I have an Egyptian PayPal account
after searching i found this:
"This transaction cannot be completed because it violates the PayPal User Agreement."
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/nvp-soap-api/errors/

I'm working on woocommerce store locally

in sandbox I set both business and personal accounts in Egypt

if I set both sandbox accounts in USA, it works with no errors

I will try to put my test on a live server to see what will happen

Login to Me Too

Kamal225
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Tarek,
I've already contacted PayPal technical support and they told me to try it in a live payment because the technicians can't investigate the error in the sandbox environment, I've already launched my store but still got no purchases yet .. so hopefully, when I get payment in my store PayPal won't let me down, 
Kindly if you tested in live transactions let me know what happens if it works or the same problem remains

Login to Me Too

tarekelnemrawy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Kamal225 

Thank you for reporting this

sure I will try to put it on a live server in couple of days and let you know what's happens

wish Good luck with your store 🙂

Login to Me Too

AhmedFer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @tarekelnemrawy 

Have you solved this problem? 

Login to Me Too

tarekelnemrawy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @AhmedFer 

No, I didn't solve the problem yet. I didn't put the test on live site.

may be @Kamal225 has got some luck with it

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

For Egyptian production accounts, you will need to contact our customer service team and advise them you want "auto sweep" enabled on your account so that you can receive payments into your account, which will be automatically withdrawn to an attached funding source.

For sandbox accounts, I can enable auto sweep if you share the merchant id for your sandbox account. The merchant id can be found within your sandbox account, details on how to retrieve can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

AhmedFer
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, can you tell us please if it has been resolved.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Just to chime in on this topic, for Egyptian accounts, they cannot hold an active balance, so any funds which are received into the account need to be instantly withdrawn to an attached bank account. This functionality is called "auto sweep" and it needs to be enabled on any Egyptian account before the account will be able to accept payments.

For sandbox accounts, I can make this change if you share the payer id / merchant id for the sandbox business account you're using. Details on how to retrieve this information can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

For production accounts, you would need to request this be enabled by our customer service team.

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Mar1Nabih
Contributor
Contributor
I'm experiencing this exact issue currently and have been looking for a solution for hours. My PayPal is an egyptian business account I have already verified it with a credit card and enabled automatic transfer a long time ago and have been receiving payments in the past from my clients without any problens, the last transaction/payment received was last May and I had zero problems receiving payments. But now I am encountering this error, I just setup PayPal to recieve payments again on a new site and tried a test in sandbox mode to make sure everything is working fine, I'm using woocommerce and I'm using PayPal express checkout plugin. However inside woocommerce logs I'm getting 13122 error, and the message "This transaction cannot be completed because it violates the PayPal User Agreement" which leads me to conclude this must be the problem. Like mentioned I have a valid credit card attached with automatic payments ON and I did receive payments on my account in the past without problems but now (after 3 months of inactivity) I'm getting this error. I don't know what to do and cannot contact PayPal support. Please could you look into this? Waiting patiently to your reply Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.