PayPal account optional is requiring password for Guest checkout. Stop?

AndrewLA
Contributor
Contributor

I have "PayPal account optional" set to yes, but my customers are COMPLAINING about having to still enter their passwords associated with their email addresses. (This is a change from the past where passwords were not required.)

How to I get Paypal to stop asking for the password associated with the customer's email address?

(Or do I have to use a different payment service to protect my customers' privacy?)

Thanks,

Andrew

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @AndrewLA 

The PayPal product developers have fixed the issue causing guest checkout not to be available for live payment buttons for locations that normally have guest checkout available.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @AndrewLA,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that your customers are facing issues while making guest payments and I understand how important it is for you to receive the payments. Since there is an issue on the website, I would recommend you to contact our Merchant tech support so that our advisors can help you accordingly.

Best Wishes,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi Andrew, 

We're aware of an issue with the Guest Checkout functionality. Our teams are actively working to fix this issue. I'd also suggest that if you haven't submitted a ticket to the Merchant Technical Support team, please do so. This will ensure you're made aware once this issue has been fixed. 

Thanks, 
Christina 

Login to Me Too

DkRhi
Contributor
Contributor

How do I submit a ticket to Merchant Technical Support.  How do I do that?  I'm having the same issue with guest checkout requiring a password.

Login to Me Too

not_here

You can submit an MTS Ticket here

Christina 

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @AndrewLA 

The PayPal product developers have fixed the issue causing guest checkout not to be available for live payment buttons for locations that normally have guest checkout available.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Irina872
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Im receiving complaints from my customers of this nature as well. After pressing checkout button, theyre given the option to either log in or create an account, no guest check out. Has this been sorted? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

DkRhi
Contributor
Contributor

We're still having this issue on our web payments.   When customers choose to pay with a debit or credit card instead of creating a PayPal account, it is still requiring a password and an account creation.  How do we fix this?  We have the Paypal account optional setting checked on our website.

Login to Me Too

sdk_23
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this issue now too and it's not the first time this has happened but I don't know what we did to make it stop last time. Based on a text thread with one customer in particular, we literally had this exact same issue an entire year ago, to the day - Nov 8, 2022. 

Login to Me Too

VPASWAN
Contributor
Contributor

Currently having the same issue and couldn't have happen at a more inconvenient time. My Black Friday traffic was severely impacted because clients couldn't checkout with having a paypal account. This was previously working, but all of a sudden, it's not anymore. Already lodged a ticket.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.