PayPal Sandbox payment is not verified immediately and takes me back to the previous step

antetomas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm using PP Sandbox account to test the payment on the client's rental web site. The are 4 steps in the booking process on the website

and in the 3rd step, the payment should be done for the booked resources. There is a button that redirects to the PayPal Sandbox login page

where I enter my PP Sandbox account credentials and make the payment. Then, I should be redirected to the website to 4th step of the booking

process which is just the confirmation of the payment. However, I get back to the 3rd step with PayPal button still visible, as you can see on the screenshot:

<< <<

Here I need to wait and refresh the page if I want to proceed to the summary page (4th step) and verify the payment. Otherwise, I can click the button and make another payment (another one - overpayment). 

What could be the issue here?

Thanks,

Ante

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the PayPal Merchant Technical Support Community.

You may not have the confirmation page code setup. If the confirmation page is not setup properly then the buyers are being redirected back to your cart page without the payment completing properly.

The Confirmation Page allows your buyers to confirm the payment on a specified page.

The Confirmation page makes it so the payment is not completed in PayPal. It requires the buyers to click confirm in order to complete the payment.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

antetomas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

it's actually because the PayPal payment verification is not sent immediately to the merchant. There is some delay (up to 30s), probably due to the fact that it's Sandbox environment. Production environment should have higher priority.

Thanks, 

you can close the ticket.

BR,

Ante

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.