Partner Integration code (CS-CART)

thebambam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Im trying to implement "Paypal for marketplaces" on CS-CART ecommerce platform,  Ive filled all the relevant details from SANDBOX but I cannot find any where for "Partner Integration Code".  Anyone know where I can find this etc?

paypal_for_marketplaces_configure.png

Regards

Dan

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

SamsaraStreet
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks. And sorry for the confusion but Samsara Street and Rob747 are both me. Samsara Street is my business account that I need the help with for the Paypal commerce integration. Rob 747 is just my personal account - signed in to it by mistake.

Login to Me Too

SamsaraStreet
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, it would really help if I could actually speak to someone, but this only seems possible for customers based in USA & Canada. They gave me an international number where you speak to a computer that eventually says sorry, no one can speak to you and directs you back towards the website.

If you could arrange a phone call that would really help speed things up because this issue is delaying the opening of my marketplace. Thanks for your attention.

Login to Me Too

SamsaraStreet
Contributor
Contributor

I got a reply from merchant support. Apparently the Partner Integration code is the BN Code which I have. He also directed me to call a Paypal number in UK. A very disinterested man, advised me blandly that Paypal does not provide payment processing for marketplaces outside of the US! He said only direct payments are accepted. I was gobsmacked because I have been trying for weeks to set this up but this is the 1st time I heard it and could force me to set up my marketplace in USA! Even my platform provider in Russia (Cs-cart), nor yourself, nor other payment gateways in the middle east were aware of this.  Can you confirm what he says is correct? His attitude did not breed confidence, and I need to get this information correct.

Or could it be that I can use Paypal on my marketplace but the model would be different - i.e. the customer pays me directly, then I pay the vendors their percentage?

Regards

Rob

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @SamsaraStreet,

It's my understanding that the solution you're looking for does work but only as a branded solution, meaning it'll show as PayPal vs. what you'd consider an unbranded solution that has your brand. If you're looking for an unbranded solution, that is what is not available in the UK. Let me know if you still need help and I'll try to get you the details. 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

SamsaraStreet
Contributor
Contributor

I would actually prefer a branded option because the Paypal brand would inspire more confidence at checkout. Actually, I phoned the UK number again and was informed that Paypal and Braintree are not offering any kind of service for marketplaces until they have finished relaunching their marketplace offering. And this could be months or even next year! I can't even have direct payments with Paypal where I receive the money from the customers and then have to pay the vendors because apparently this model would be rejected during my application. I find this staggering. Are you able to confirm? Looks like  I will have to look for an alternative payment gateway unfortunately.

Login to Me Too

Rob747
Contributor
Contributor

MTS_Christina - any response to this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.