PDT not getting called - PayPal doesn't return to my website after purchase

Molly9730
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using PayPal Website Payments Standard for many years - I use both IPN and PDT. Recently I discovered that although IPN is still working fine, the customer is never returned to my website at the end of a purchase, so the PDT is no longer called, and the customer never makes it back to my website.

I do have Auto Return turned on in my PayPal settings. The page it's supposed to go to exists and is working fine. That landing page is never hit in the logs.

This is broken on the live PayPal site and in the PayPal Sandbox. The page that I land on says "Your payment was completed. To continue shopping, please return to the merchant." There is no "Return to Merchant" button. The URL for this page is https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?flow=1-P&ulReturn=true&token=2GX255130M045604B&mfid=15.... This page used to automatically redirect back to my website.

On a related note (not sure if it's the same problem) the "Continue Shopping" button on the PayPal Cart page doesn't work anymore either. I am sending the URL for the page in a hidden field of the form I send to PayPal for my Add to Cart button as shopping_url, but when I click "Continue Shopping" it appears to be taking me Back (like a browser back) to the page that submitted the form rather than going to the page I specified in shopping_url. Again, this has worked for years, but now is no longer working.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've tested this and I can re-produce the issue.

I've informed our technical team of this issue and requested they review and provide a solution.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Molly9730
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help, MTS_Justin. I'm handling a lot of traffic from unhappy customers who aren't making it back to my website and therefore can't access their electronic purchases, which is not good! I hope PayPal can get this fixed soon!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.