Not receiving any IPN messages from PayPal

sandboxwoes
Contributor
Contributor

Sandbox Merchant ID: <Removed>

IPN was working perfectly until August 18, then it just stopped.  All payment transactions are going through both the client and the business accounts, but there is nothing in the IPN history about any IPN message being sent. 

We have tested thoroughly, including resending an old IPN that had worked previously - nothing happened.  We have turned the IPN off and on again in Paypal sandbox.  

I see from previous posts that this was a known issue in February and July of 2020.  Is this happening again, or is there something we can do with this account to fix it?  Would creating a new sandbox account help?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

ck_bai
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem from August 19.Any one knowns what happened?

Login to Me Too

VA23
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem from today (August 23rd).

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

Please share the merchant id / payer id for the sandbox account which you're currently using.

Details on how to retrieve the merchant id / payer id for a sandbox business account can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Do not post any email addresses or they'll be removed, only the merchant id / payer id for the sandbox account will be accepted.

@sandboxwoes - thanks for sharing yours.  I'll take a look at all three accounts once the others provide theirs.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

sandboxwoes
Contributor
Contributor

Merchant ID: <Removed>

Payer ID:  4MKHPZYE6A33U

When I go into the IPN History, I'm also getting the following error message instead of the page:

{
    "name": "RATE_LIMIT_REACHED",
    "message": "Too many requests. Blocked due to rate limiting.",
    "debugId": "2c74f771ca306"
}

The Payer ID is from the last successful IPN on August 18.  Nothing else has gone through.

Login to Me Too

VA23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I posted my Merchant ID into my other thread but I will post here as well since you asked for it:

Merchant ID is <Removed>

Thanks

Login to Me Too

sandboxwoes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin :

Since two of the three of us have provided our Merchant IDs, could you please look into this?  Our deadline for completion of this project was yesterday, and we'd rather not complete testing on the live platform.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello All,

Thanks for the updates.

Our IPN team have been made aware of these reports are currently investigating.

Once they've reverted back with a solution, I'll post back in this thread which I'll also pin to the top of this forum so that other users may also see it and be aware.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

ppazos
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, testing IPN from PayPal buttons and I'm not receiving the notifications.

The IPN simulator works, but testing the buttons in the sandbox doesn't work.

In my case, if the IPN is not received, I can't confirm my clients are paying and can't assign fund to their accounts which block my business completely. I'm looking at alternative providers like Stripe or similar right now because this is a show stopper.

Login to Me Too

rjvj
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

my merchant id in sandbox is 4VEX8DNAVZ9BJ

I see the IPN message is sent to my IPN post back url. But, the PayPal response is empty when I receive it. It was working before (for a few years now) and not sure if something changed. However, IPN simulator is able to successfully post to my URL.

Our server supports TLS1.2 and when I open connection with PayPal, I get the following exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.jsse2.SSLSocketFactoryImpl; java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.jsse2.SSLSocketFactoryImpl

Here are the supported protocol versions - [TLSv1.3, TLSv1.2, TLSv1.1, TLSv1, SSLv3, SSLv2Hello]

When I run the TlsCheck.java, get inputstream from https://tlstest.paypal.com connection is empty (PayPal_Connection_OK message is not present). Please help. Let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.