Need help enabling the require billing address option

thomas-gordon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I need help activating the "Require billing address" for a sandbox I've setup for testing with Woocommerce automatic payments, could you please activate it for me? Business sandbox account; Seller account ID: WU6WXKJRZG93J

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

If you comment your Merchant ID from your sandbox account, I will enable the Require Billing address in Sandbox for you.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

itmark
Contributor
Contributor

Since I am new with paypal integration, I am not sure if this is the merchant id. Below are username of my sandbox business accounts.<Removed> <Removed> Thanks a lot

Login to Me Too

itmark
Contributor
Contributor
These are the account ids. BQLBWACK4LBHN SDUXLYRAD5T3W Thank you.
Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

I've enabled that functionality on both accounts.

Note : This functionality can be enabled on sandbox accounts without prior review, but within our production environment this functionality does have to be requested and a review process occurs to determine if your account is eligible. Just so you're aware.

Thanks !

Jennifer

PayPal

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

ZoltanR
Contributor
Contributor

Could someone pls help me enabling this setting too?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

If you comment your sandbox merchant id, I can enable the Require Billing Address setting on your Sandbox Account.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

ZoltanR
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I find my merchant ID? I have sandbox accounts created under PayPal Developer. See image.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

I used the screen shot to locate your Business Account. I have deleted the screen shot from your reply to keep your information private.

If you ever need to locate your merchant id from your sandbox account here are the instructions for the newer Business Account version:

• Go https://sandbox.paypal.com and log into your Business Sandbox Account
  • Go to the account settings icon in the upper right
  • Click on Account Settings
  • Click Business Information
  • The PayPal Merchant ID will display

I've enabled that functionality on the account.

Note : This functionality can be enabled on sandbox accounts without prior review, but within our production environment this functionality does have to be requested and a review process occurs to determine if your account is eligible. Just so you're aware.

Thanks !

Jennifer

PayPal

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

ZoltanR
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was absolutely helpful, thank you. I just have a few questions. I never created an account at sandbox.paypal.com. How com I still have one under PayPay developer? Anyway, your setting took affect, the embedded credit card form on my website no longer displays the address fields, only card fields, name and phone number. My original problem was, that the name and phone number is already given by the customer on the same page, using the woocommerce checkout fields. Can these be populated to the embedded Paypal form to avoid double entry?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

When you log into the PayPal Developer, sandbox accounts are automatically created for you. 

If WooCommerce sends the billing and shipping information in an API call then yes it can be auto populated. 

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.