Need help enabling the require billing address option

thomas-gordon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I need help activating the "Require billing address" for a sandbox I've setup for testing with Woocommerce automatic payments, could you please activate it for me? Business sandbox account; Seller account ID: WU6WXKJRZG93J

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

thomas-gordon
Contributor
Contributor

Additionally, my sandbox account is now getting "PayPal error (10412): An error (10412) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance." When I try and process payments. Can one of your team please review?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

All our API error codes are located on this page :

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/errors/

Access the page and then search for "10412".

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've enabled the return of the billing information for your sandbox account as requested.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

thomas-gordon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin , This works perfectly. We are now having an ongoing issue where my client can't seem to get this enabled for a production account. We think it is reference transactions that need to be enabled, but we're not sure. Could you tell me what specific thing we need to ask to get the paypal team to enable this for a "live" paypal account? The business account api username is <removed>

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You need the billing address returned for each transaction and this is what you need to request.

"Billing Information Request" is the exact name.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

mhansen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I'm having the same issue with my Merchant Sandbox Account (ID: DAJK27M8RLFQ6)

I'm getting this next error between Magento 2 and my Sandbox, when trying to get redirected to Paypal

'L_ERRORCODE0' => '11601',
    'L_SHORTMESSAGE0' => 'Request for billing address failed',
    'L_LONGMESSAGE0' => 'Billing address request is not enabled for merchant',
    'L_SEVERITYCODE0' => 'Error'

Magento Paypal module allows you to turn that option off from Magento Admin Panel (and by doing that, Sandbox communication works).

But I need to have that option enabled, in order to reproduce a Use Case.

Didn't find how to enable 'Request for billing address' by looking within the Dashboard.

Is that option in there or it needs to be enabled by Paypal Support (even for a Sandbox account)?

Any help will be very much appreciated,

Thanks! mh-

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've enabled the return of the billing address for your sandbox account as requested.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

mhansen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @MTS_Justin!

Seems that this can only be enabled by PayPal Support.

Now that you've enabled it on my Sandbox Merchant Account,

everything works while having "Require Customer's Billing Address" active on Magento side 👌

Thanks again! mh-

Login to Me Too

itmark
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I also need help enablingthe  require billing address option in my sandbox account. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.