Money transfer problems in our Ruby on Rails application.

artemstepanenko
Contributor
Contributor

We use the ActiveMerchant gem in our Ruby on Rails project to make PayPal transactions.

Most of this functionality works well.
But there is one problem. When we want to make a money transfer from our business account to a personal account, we get a response from the API server that the transaction was successful. But the money does not appear in the personal PayPal account.

Here is a snippet of code that performs the money transfer and the server response.

GATEWAY.transfer(1000, 'sb-3************7@personal.example.com', subject: 'Test withdrow')

And then I got this response

<ActiveMerchant::Billing::Response:0x0000559002256b50 @Params={"timestamp"=>"2021-07-14T06:42:17Z", "ack"=>"Success", "correlation_id"=>"101e644fe96cd", "version"=>"124", "build"=>"53823268", "Timestamp"=>"2021-07-14T06:42: 17Z", "Ack"=>"Success", "CorrelationID"=>"101e644fe96cd", "Version"=>"124", "build"=>"53823268"}, @Message="Success", @Success=true, @test=true, @authorization=nil, @fraud_review=false, @error_code=: processing_error, @emv_authorization=nil, @Network_transaction_id=nil, @avs_result={"code"=>nil, "message"=>nil, "street_match"=>nil, "postal_match"=>nil}, @cvv_result={"code"=>nil, "message"=>nil}

But I don't see this transaction in either the sender's or the recipient's PayPal sandbox account.

The other types of transactions ('capture', 'authorize' etc.) work correctly and transactions are displayed in both accounts. There is a problem with only a 'transfer'-type transactions.

Is the related Sandbox API endpoint works properly? And how I can test it with the Postman app?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.