Link sandbox account to develeper.paypal

xmanolis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have been trying to link my sandbox account to developer.paypal.com and it fails every time. It is very frustating.
I click on "authenticate with the credentials of the test account you want to link", I get then the screen "Connect via PayPal" and I click continue and finally I get the message

"Something went wrong. Your sandbox account could not be linked to your developer account. Try again.
If you wish to report this error please include the following error id: dd07dd3a0c1a9"

I have tried several times. Each time the same message, different code. If I go to my sandbox account -> Account Settings -> Connect via Paypal, it shows me that PayPal Developer has access. ButI still cannot confirm my email, I don't see the notification in develeper.paypal.

I even tried to read the Sandbox Testing Guide, a link under Sandbox -> Accounts but it redirects me to 404.

A little help please? My account is bussiness. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant ids for your accounts. I've now linked the sandbox account to your developer account.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

gghelani
New Community Member

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue. Spent about 2 days resolving the issue but NO LUCK. Also tried to create a new sandbox account a couple of times but the same below error. 

"Something went wrong. Your sandbox account could not be linked to your developer account. Try again. If you wish to report this error please include the following error id: e5f77335b60be" when linking my sandbox account with the developer account. 

Did anyone face the same issue and find the solution?  If so, I would really appreciate the help and direction. 

Thanks!  

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This is currently a known issue which we are working to resolve.

If you would like to have an account manually linked to your developer account, I can do that for you. Please share the merchant id for the sandbox account you want linked and the merchant id for your developer account and I can link the two. Details on how to retrieve the merchant id for your accounts can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Once the issue with linking sandbox accounts from within our developer portal has been resolved, I'll post back in the thread pinned to the top of the forum for this issue.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Environment/Something-went-wrong-Your-sandbox-account-co...

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

xmanolis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin,

Unfortunately it is still not fixed. 
Can you please then do the linking manually? My ids:
Sandbox: 2R7D....
Live: 4LCA7....

Best Regards,
Manolis

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant ids for your accounts. I've now linked the sandbox account to your developer account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

gabriela777
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue : can't link my sandbox account to the developer one and I don't get it either notifications to confirm my address mail or my phone number

when I try to create a PayPal me account from the sandbox one its appears error 

sandbox merchant ID: UCX6WVZ...

developer Merchant ID : 7EBQU9H...

it's urgent please help

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please share the merchant id from your sandbox account and from your developer account and I can link the accounts for you.

Note : email notifications from our sandbox environment are sent to the "notifications" section of your developer account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.