Legitimate transaction in sandbox account

rogeriopinto
Contributor
Contributor

Hello anybody!

I have tried to solve my issue through the help centre and ended up in a chat with a representative but she did not seem to be able to understand my issue so I hope somebody here can.

I am using a PayPal sandbox account on a staging version of a website. A customer accidentally ended up on that site and successfully placed an order. I need to cancel that transaction but I am not even sure if the customer has been charged for it. So, has the customer been charged for it and if I issue a refund via the sandbox account will it be processed successfully?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

The sandbox environment is virtual. What that means is that the customer was never charged if they made a payment to the sandbox environment. The Sandbox Servers are completely separated from the live servers.

You can refund the payment in sandbox, so that it shows refunded for your testing purposes. The buyer wouldn't have been charged, however, since everything to do with sandbox is virtual no real money exchange occurs. Since no real money exchange occurs, a sandbox transaction can never be sent to the live servers.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.