If you don't have a return url, what is the next best thing?

ManaWar
Contributor
Contributor

From what I have seen I am REQUIRED to put in a Return URL so that a PayPal user is IMMEDIATELY redirected after they make a purchase.

I do not currently have a Return URL and don't really plan on it, since I don't need to have a website. (The PayPal purchase is triggered through a PC Game In App Purchase)

What alternative is there for me, since it is required to put in a Return URL? I really just want the user to see PayPal's Purchase Complete message after they make purchase.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ManaWar
Contributor
Contributor

I have found no other option than to just create a simple boring website that has a simple message after the transaction is complete. PayPal will return users to this website and it will just say transaction is complete. ( I would have 100% preferred PayPal to just stay on its own transaction is complete page, but looks like I have no choice)

I used 000webhost to create a free website.

I then created an index.php file (a simple text file saved as "index.php") in the file manager when managing my website on 000webhost. I then added the following code to the currently blank file:

<div class="row spo space_top_10" style=" margin: auto;width: 50%;margin-top: 3%;">
<h1>Your Company Name Here</h1>
<p>Your transaction has been completed! <br> <br>A receipt for your purchase will be emailed to you.<br> <br> You may log into your account at <a href='https://www.paypal.com'>www.paypal.com</a> to view details of this transaction.<br> <br></p>
</div>

I then placed my website url into the return url for PayPal request.

At least now my customers will know the transaction has been completed after the payment goes through.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.