IPN not working Sandbox

scott7414
Contributor
Contributor

I have a webook in the IPN settings that was working then stopped. This was on a clients account that I create a dev account for them. I since used my own dev account and made a new webhook using Integromat and inserted it in the IPN settings and went through the process of creating 2 fake donations with and nothing was sent.

Any ideas? I was able to resend some old transactions to the webhook in integrmat but today when I look in IPN history nothing is there for the two transactions I made this morning. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thank's <removed>

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

sdevine1
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 
Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!

Login to Me Too

nebriv
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like we may be running into the same problem again. We submitted a few payments around 12:30 Eastern time and have yet to receive the IPN callback.

edit:
More recent tests seem to be working flawlessly!

Login to Me Too

tramxehoi
Contributor
Contributor

Things don’t appear to be working at the moment. Please try again.

Seem, it not working again now. Feb16,2020, 12:16PM (GMT+7)

Login to Me Too

ENJOAU
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 

Please can you confirm status of this.

It is clearly not working again.

We have been waiting 24h for IPN callbacks, and nothing in history in sandbox.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I'll need to check it again from my side and run some tests.

Will revert back once testing has been completed.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Tested today using both NVP and REST API's and I'm seeing the IPN being generated / dispatched and delivered within 1 -2 mins.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

ARosselet
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently having a similar problem.. unless I have missed something, I have IPN configured in the sandbox business account and am using the clientID and secret linked to that business account (from my developer page).   The IPN test is received and processed correctly by my app, but no IPN is ever sent (IPN history is also empty).  The transactions page is also empty, but operation via rest api v2.0 seems to be working fine - redirect to payment page works fine. payment with paypal/card also fine, and redirect after processing works, but it is as if the transactions are simply not being created...   Is there currently a problem with the system?

Cheers

Login to Me Too

ARosselet
Contributor
Contributor

As for the transactions - I was not completing capture, only order. So now webhooks are being called... about 10s after the payment completion, but IPN is never called.  Are IPN messages not sent for api v2 order-approved,capture-completed (ie done) workflows?

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Java_j
Contributor
Contributor

I set up ipn timely payment notice, but I did not receive ipn notice after my customer's normal payment was successful

Login to Me Too

noodles57
Contributor
Contributor

The issue started 2/17/2020 - no IPN's reporting back to my database...

Tech finally emailed a few weeks later stating:

'We did have an update to our ssl certificates to meet with industry standards so this may have caused an issue. "

There is no explanation or any qualified tech to assist on this. IPN just stopped hitting my listener. There are no updates in their dev section stating they make some changes and now everyone is having issues. Our code is NOT the issue. My .NET site has been receiving IPN's for years prior to Paypal making this change.

For the time being I have to manually add any new paid paid memberships into my database which takes hours each week. I know they have limited

resources during the health crisis, but I have been trying to get this resolved for weeks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.