IPN not working Sandbox

scott7414
Contributor
Contributor

I have a webook in the IPN settings that was working then stopped. This was on a clients account that I create a dev account for them. I since used my own dev account and made a new webhook using Integromat and inserted it in the IPN settings and went through the process of creating 2 fake donations with and nothing was sent.

Any ideas? I was able to resend some old transactions to the webhook in integrmat but today when I look in IPN history nothing is there for the two transactions I made this morning. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thank's <removed>

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

sdevine1
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like we are back to IPN not working at all. It worked last night OK (with delays) but I've made several sandbox purchases and received no IPN messages.

Login to Me Too

pixel-kraft
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

It worked for a day or so last week (with 30 minutes dalay) but stopped working again.

Please fix.

Login to Me Too

GreyCooky
New Community Member

Same problem here - all messages queued.

Login to Me Too

tramxehoi
Contributor
Contributor

I used Gravity Forms Paypal Standard Add-on for payment in Wordpress, just test with Sandbox. Last month, it not receive any information IPN, until now.

Login to Me Too

mrbob1
Contributor
Contributor

Yep broken yet again. IPN history 'not available'. No IPN being sent but simulator working fine. As it is still not possible (after 5 years of asking) for us to simulate a subscription obviously we have only the sandbox environment to test subscription backends. Any ideas when it'll be fixed?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

We're actively working on the issue, but I can't provide an ETA as I honestly don't know and ETA's can be missed which only causes more annoyance.

Once the issue has been resolved, I'll update this thread so you're made aware. Subscribe to the thread to receive updates.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

mrbob1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that. Maybe while they're fixing it (again) you could ask (again) if they could add subscr_signup and subscr_payment to the simulator as that always appears to work and we wouldn't need to halt deployment, and further annoy the client, every time this happens.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I can submit a feature improvement request internally to request those two IPN message types are added to the simulator.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

sdevine1
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 
Please explain to management that these kinds of issues with the sandbox make it difficult for developers such as myself to encourage our clients to become PayPal clients.
IMHO  - Sandbox / Test / QA is as important as Production but not often treated as such. 
My project is effectively dead in the water without a test bed. 
I appreciate your attention to this matter. 
Steve

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This issue should now be resolved.

The backlog of IPN messages have been cleared and conducting a new transaction results in the IPN being delivered within a minute.

Apologies to anyone who was impacted by this incident, appreciate your patience as we worked to resolve it.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.