IPN is not fired on sandbox environment

MugQueue
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have created few Recurring Payment Profiles in sandbox environment and expecting the IPN would be fired and returned payment information to my website. It worked previously. But it does not work recently.

I checked and confirmed that the IPN is enabled. The transaction records were correctly set. The transaction went through and the profiles and payments were recorded in the summary page. Just that the IPN was not fired. Please advise. Thanks.

Sandbox account id: 4R46P5SLMV9HG

Frankie

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Yes, there is still an issue with subscriptions not generating an IPN and the relevant technical teams are already investigating.

I'll revert back and update once the new issue has been resolved.

Apologies.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

jameswh
Contributor
Contributor

Ok this explains what I have been experiencing today (and lost over 4 hours on time on).

Is this just an issue in the sandbox?  Or is it also the same with real PayPal accounts?

Login to Me Too

jameswh
Contributor
Contributor

I dont unsderstand the moderators explanation, that an IPN is generated (for the 5 accounts he used) BUT is not generated when the initial payment is made.

Whats the difference?  I need the initial IPN in order to issue the software licence to the customer.  And again, im not getting *any* IPNS at this stage (from _xclick-subscription)

And I see this issue is on going for at least 19 days as it was first reported broken 29th April.  Do you have a time frame?  Again, if its not going to be fixed we simply wont be able to use paypal for our service. This is a really concerning situation.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The initial issue was that "no" IPN's were being generated or being dispatched. That issue was resolved and IPN's began generating / sending again and the five transactions I referenced were simple payments to test IPN generation.

It was shortly after that we discovered that IPN's for subscriptions were not being generated and that's currently being investigated. There is no anticipated resolution time frame I can share. I will update the thread once the issue has been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

jameswh
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, could you please confirm if its only the sandbox or is affecting all accounts?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Sandbox environment only.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

jameswh
Contributor
Contributor

As I cannot use the simulator for subscriptions, can anyone help clarify:

1) if the original string supplied to the item_number field when first creating the subscription will be received on each successive recurring_payment IPN?

2) When is the 'recurring_payment_profile_created' IPN is received?  We wont be setting up any profiles in the account just doing it dynamically through the _xclick form.  Will we get this event in this case?  Seems clear that I will get a recurring_payment on each regular payment, but I'm looking for an event I can use to identify the start of a new subscription.

(Side note: really annoying I have to go through the full 2 step verification on my account every time i want to log in to the forum, especially given as the cookie expires very fast and trust my device checkbox does nothing)

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hi All,

I've received an update from a customer that the issue is resolved for them.

I tested creating a subscription today in our sandbox environment and I received an IPN for the subscription creation and for the first payment.

Please test and confirm that issue is resolved for you.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hi All,

Tested again today and I'm still receiving IPN's for subscriptions creation and subscription payments.

Issue resolved, closing thread.

If you experience any further issues, please create a new message.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.