IPN URL is not getting called

annatjaiswal
Contributor
Contributor

I have set up IPN URL and that should be invoked while I'm making payment through generated paypal button

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Technical Support Community.

The notify_url will not be invoked if IPNs are turned off in your Sandbox account.

• Log into your https://sandbox.paypal.com account (use your sandbox email and sandbox password not the live credentials)
  • Click on the settings icon to the left of the logout
  • Click on Account Settings
  • Type IPN in the search box
  • Click update next to Instant Payment Notifications
  • Click on Edit Settings
  • Put in your notify URL
  • Choose Receive IPN Messages
  • MTS_Jennifer_0-1580935758874.png
  • Save changes

You can overwrite the IPN Listener URL listed in the Sandbox PayPal Account by sending the notify_url in your request.

If you have trouble logging into your Sandbox Account, make sure to go to https://developer.paypal.com log in to the dashboard and go to the Sandbox Accounts. Click on the three dots under Manage Account and click on view edit account next to the sandbox account that you will be updating. You can change the password, which will help you to be able to log in to the sandbox PayPal site to make the changes.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

If you've already turned on IPNs in your sandbox account and the notify_url is still not working.

Unfortunately this is a known issue at the moment.

Please follow this thread to be updated when the issue is resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

annatjaiswal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Yes, IPN is enabled from there.
I'm not sure that IPN will be invoked while making payment through button link created from here: https://www.screencast.com/t/oYob1kowAILY
Even I have tested by the IPN simulator and it was sent successfully. 

Please let me know whether I'm going through the correct flow or not:
1. Created a button link from the sandbox business account as the above snap.
2. Making payment through the sandbox user account but didn't receive a notification on that IPN URL.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The issue is with the IPN delivery, which is an issue on our side at the moment. You're following the correct steps.

IPN's are now being sent, but there is an approx delay of 45 minutes between IPN creation and delivery. We're actively working with our developers to resolve this issue and resume normal IPN service.

I'll update the thread pinned at the top of this forum once the issue has been completely resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

morettolss
New Community Member

Hi, i have the same issuee, there is other feedback?

Login to Me Too

alextselegidis
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, I was just trying this today. 

Login to Me Too

alextselegidis
Contributor
Contributor

To whom it may concern, after checking this problem with the PayPal technical support, my problem was that although the PayPal payment got created, it was not executed (there's a final HTTP request to make). 

After the payment execution request my IPN callback got called correctly. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.