IPN Not Sending payer_email Field For eBay Transactions

Tim76
Contributor
Contributor

As title. Stopped working today (29th March). The payer_email field is not being sent for eBay transactions, though still works for purchases made from my website (i.e. were the payment has been made on the PayPal website).

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

SlickTrick
Contributor
Contributor

So they are saying if someone purchases something online you are no longer going to get their email addresss! So how do we send confirmation emails about their purchase? Sounds like the tech guy was using a bit of end of day BS to close the call!!!!

Login to Me Too

Swisst182
Contributor
Contributor

Just had a second phone call with both ebay and pay pal, ebay claim they have changed nothing. Pay Pal confirmed this has now been depreciated and will not be coming back.  

Login to Me Too

Captainmorgan1
Contributor
Contributor

This happened before and then it was okay, now it has happened again only time will tell for it to get back to normal.

Login to Me Too

SlickTrick
Contributor
Contributor

IMO that is ridiculous any online shop needs easy access to the persons details to provide customer service. And anyway the buyer accepts cookies etc on a website normally. Guess going to have to do a bit of code tonight to grab emails straight away and perform dB lookup in order to get their email address! Would be nice of PP to notify registered users of stuff that is going to be ditched. Oh well never mind.

Login to Me Too

Captainmorgan1
Contributor
Contributor

question is this im currently using other formats to get this to my list, but are people whom getting orders from there website having the same problem too?  i currently sell on ebay and having this problem, so who is having problems directly from there own website?

Login to Me Too

Swisst182
Contributor
Contributor
It relates only to ebay transaction. I have two different routes in to my system one direct from my site into ipn and the other via ebay and ipn. eBay route is the one thats affected
Login to Me Too

Captainmorgan1
Contributor
Contributor

Anything?

Login to Me Too

Captainmorgan1
Contributor
Contributor

Morning all

Any more news regarding this has it worked at all? or still the same?

What are people doing to get the paypal email to the list?  any suggestions please?

Login to Me Too

Swisst182
Contributor
Contributor
I did say that pp have depreciated this. We have now changed to using ebays api for now
Login to Me Too

Captainmorgan1
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry i think i missed that, so how can i get sellers email address from ebay to mailerlite or another list please any suggestions please?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.