IPN Not Sending payer_email Field For eBay Transactions

Tim76
Contributor
Contributor

As title. Stopped working today (29th March). The payer_email field is not being sent for eBay transactions, though still works for purchases made from my website (i.e. were the payment has been made on the PayPal website).

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Joe688
Contributor
Contributor

Same bug here from yesterday 3/28. Please fix this as we need payer's email to send notification. Thanks!

@paypal Sample txn id 95M40114LH126734U if you want to look at an sample.

Login to Me Too

bnctech
Contributor
Contributor

The same here, it stopped providing payer_email address at 29.03.2019. Need this to be fixed for IPN.

Login to Me Too

bnctech
Contributor
Contributor

Also I found that it doesn't work only on PRODUCTION. It works fine on Sandbox (testing) - it returns the example email address from sandbox.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

JasonDuncan
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me, no payer_email since 29-03-2019

Login to Me Too

RochfordTyres
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Also, seem to be missing contact_phone from eBay transactions.  I don't think this is a bug as such that PayPal will "fix" I think this is deliberate. When you receive a Payment Email Notification for an eBay Transaction the buyer's email has been removed for a while now, we were only able to use the details because the transactions were being added via IPN.

Would be great if it can be returned, just can't see it 😞

Login to Me Too

Swisst182
Contributor
Contributor

How are digital companies supposed to continue trading with no way to send the electronic products via e mail !?? 

Login to Me Too

RochfordTyres
Contributor
Contributor

If the goods were sold on eBay you should still be able to get the customer details from the eBay order, just not from the PayPal payment?

Login to Me Too

Tim76
Contributor
Contributor

The email address is still available from eBay, and is still sent by PayPal for non-eBay payments. For those using the eBay API, the email address can be retrieved using the GetOrders call.

Edit: just an added thought. The PayPal email address may differ from the eBay email address. For those of us who are just emailing order confirmations and digital invoices --- it's not such a big deal. If the customer is not keeping their email addresses up-to-date, then I'm not going to lose sleep over them not receiving a confirmation or invoice. For those dealing with digital goods, it may be a bigger matter.

Login to Me Too

bnctech
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Tim76

Would you like to advise me about code which I need to get email and item ID from eBay and how to make the communication? Till this i was only using the IPN.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.